Issues with moderation are discussed here
#76284 by brenden Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:08 pm
Today i have been chat banned for my behaviour which i agree with, BUT i have been accused of making ALT accounts and spamming up global chat and have been banned based on these accusations.

WARNING: the links contain inappropriate language.

Here is the 2 people i have been accused of being.
https://gyazo.com/d82ffdccb5b1793d1766c3c7c3d47fa6
https://gyazo.com/2e6ae1985cabd439234a7517b32b8bf3

I firstly got a temporary 5 hour chat ban for my actions which i admit to doing but i unrightfully got an extra 19 hours (making it 24 hours) just based on accusations and beliefs

Here is Myorum admitting that he does not have any evidence to connect these accounts
https://gyazo.com/d52c563766f4ac18f65226cb51c97694

If you have any questions about this topic please feel free to discuss them below or if you are shy i don't mind talking in private via discord Bacon#9562
#76286 by Nightsky Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:45 pm
Well, whether it's "only 24" or not... Banning someone or in this case increasing the length of a ban because one just assumes that this guy created an alt or did whatever isn't exactly the right way to go. This is why police officers investigate a lot before coming to final conclusions. Someone needs a proof in order to take action. Assumptions are just what they are... They are assumptions.

Which is why I always say "Being a moderator is a job for everyone but only a very few do it correctly".

#76290 by McPwny Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:21 am
clearly, this is a very upset individual. im not sure if you witnessed the kinds of things he was saying to everyone, but just look at this little taste of the mentality this guy has.
Attachments
unknown22.png
unknown22.png (233.57 KiB) Viewed 228 times

[PURPLE!]
#76291 by brenden Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:45 am
you realise that is a third party aplication so why are you interfeering that with this discussion? dont have anything to post about the topic keep silent.... thanks
#76292 by Bellatrix Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:37 pm
Before any conspiracy theories start, I moved the thread to the right part of the forum.

So now to the thread, we got reports of the acts, from several trust worthy players and with evidence, we tried to talk to brendan about that, he refused to do so.

So we had no other option than to act on what was reported to us since the accused person refused a trial we can not do much more.
Last edited by traf on Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: trail -> trial

Bellatrix, the shining star of Astroflux
#76294 by brenden Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:44 pm
My brother spent 3 hours talking to Myorum about the reasons behind this accusation about these accounts being linked and after 3 hours provided no fact about them being connected aswell as admitting he "belived" they where connected meaning there is no fact to prove it
#76295 by Bellatrix Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:55 pm
brenden wrote:My brother spent 3 hours talking to Myorum about the reasons behind this accusation about these accounts being linked and after 3 hours provided no fact about them being connected aswell as admitting he "belived" they where connected meaning there is no fact to prove it

Sadly I can not post the screens that were the reason for our responce because the players submitting them do not want so...

But to be frank, when Myo confronted you, you had the possibility to explain yourself, you choose not to do it. When I muted you for 2 hours after you were spamming global with cursing and slander, what was your reaction? Instead of admiting your actions you decided to explain to me that the screens were fake...

When a player refuses to speak the truth and decides to lie, misslead others and then gets upset because of the punishment...

#76296 by McPwny Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:58 pm
brenden wrote:you realise that is a third party aplication so why are you interfeering that with this discussion? dont have anything to post about the topic keep silent.... thanks

brenden wrote:If you have any questions about this topic please feel free to discuss them below or if you are shy i don't mind talking in private via discord Bacon#9562

[PURPLE!]
#76297 by brenden Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:03 pm
Bellatrix wrote:
brenden wrote:My brother spent 3 hours talking to Myorum about the reasons behind this accusation about these accounts being linked and after 3 hours provided no fact about them being connected aswell as admitting he "belived" they where connected meaning there is no fact to prove it

Sadly I can not post the screens that were the reason for our responce because the players submitting them do not want so...

But to be frank, when Myo confronted you, you had the possibility to explain yourself, you choose not to do it. When I muted you for 2 hours after you were spamming global with cursing and slander, what was your reaction? Instead of admiting your actions you decided to explain to me that the screens were fake...

When a player refuses to speak the truth and decides to lie, misslead others and then gets upset because of the punishment...

im am not questioning the 2 hour ban, please read the post before replying
#76298 by brenden Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:05 pm
As i said, my brother spoke to Myorum on my behalf and Myorum failed to proved evidance that links the accounts and Myorum admits that it is just a believe therefore no fact to be able to ban me so therefore you and Myorum are corrupt mods who dont know how to moderate if you think the same
#76299 by Bellatrix Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:08 pm
brenden wrote:As i said, my brother spoke to Myorum on my behalf and Myorum failed to proved evidance that links the accounts and Myorum admits that it is just a believe therefore no fact to be able to ban me so therefore you and Myorum are corrupt mods who dont know how to moderate if you think the same

As I have said before we acted on evidence posted to us by people who do not want that evidence to be posted in public. So either we prove you wrong and sell out the people that helped us or we let you have this charade and move on.

I choose the last one, at the end of the day I know where I stand and what I voted for then we decided how to act on the information given to us. And you know where you stand. Have a great game.

#76300 by brenden Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:12 pm
Bellatrix wrote:
brenden wrote:As i said, my brother spoke to Myorum on my behalf and Myorum failed to proved evidance that links the accounts and Myorum admits that it is just a believe therefore no fact to be able to ban me so therefore you and Myorum are corrupt mods who dont know how to moderate if you think the same

As I have said before we acted on evidence posted to us by people who do not want that evidence to be posted in public. So either we prove you wrong and sell out the people that helped us or we let you have this charade and move on.

I choose the last one, at the end of the day I know where I stand and what I voted for then we decided how to act on the information given to us. And you know where you stand. Have a great game.

so with how you stand you are a corrupt moderator who bans people on acusations not facts, is this true?
#76301 by Bellatrix Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:18 pm
brenden wrote:so with how you stand you are a corrupt moderator who bans people on acusations not facts, is this true?

No, I act on the evidence provided together with the information given to me by the accused party. In this case the evidence were self explaining, the accused party denied us any explanation or did not want to speak with us.
So together with those two I voted for the punishment. So no not true.

#76302 by brenden Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:20 pm
Bellatrix wrote:
brenden wrote:so with how you stand you are a corrupt moderator who bans people on acusations not facts, is this true?

No, I act on the evidence provided together with the information given to me by the accused party. In this case the evidence were self explaining, the accused party denied us any explanation or did not want to speak with us.
So together with those two I voted for the punishment. So no not true.

My brother spoke on my behalf to myorum about the situation and myorum failed to proved fact about the accounts being connected to brenden, are you failing to understand something here?