Issues with moderation are discussed here
#76303 by brenden Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:32 pm
If you are so consirned about this evidance you dont want to post, i have it from myo sending it to me so i can post and let people other than you biased mods who dont know how to modderate and should get your accounts baned think of the situation
#76304 by Nightsky Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:33 pm
Let's be honest here, both sides are just wrong.

Bellatrix, yeah, I get it. We have some trustworthy players here who always speak the truth and would do everything to make the game better. Sarcasm intended. The one time players cannot have evidence and cannot interfere with the moderator's actions which was once a clear statement which I believe came from TheScythe. Now we have some trustworthy players who apparently have evidence. Could you kindly explain this contradiction here, please?

You go after "evidence" which you believe is true. Give me 10 minutes and I send you a screenshot of a player who insulted me and my family. The catch is that this image was edited. Even Discord messages can be edited inside the app with the developer tool, even if just client side. I am also trustworthy, I mean in the past few years I haven't lied once and had pretty close contact with a few mods.

This is why Chat logs exist and are usually accessible for moderators. This is why most game chats have IP-based logs. This could go even further beyond up to specification of the machine, mac address and so on but that requires too much resources. If anything, go after the rule: If you are not sure, better stay silent. Handle the case alone, not altogether. The devs could implement chat logs with an IP-based system. Would be the most basic thing to do really.

Brenden, you complain about someone posting messages on your topic. That is what a Forum is there for and you agreed to these rules upon registration. If you do not agree with them, the door outside is always open. If you even ask for questions, what gives you the right to then deny those questions/posts?

If you believe you haven't done anything wrong ingame, talk to the people. A polite talk brings you way further than what you may or may not do. I don't know what you do because I never had experiences with you. So I cannot judge you.

If any questions are there, PM is open or hit me up on Discord where we can talk in real time. Pericles Corde#5223

Image
#76305 by McPwny Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:52 pm
he was literally spamming profanities in local chat for hours... its not really a "he said she said" thing its more of a "oh yeah ask anyone" thing. are you seriously trying to criticize the mods for giving him a silence because they weren't in that specific system at that specific time? if anything at all 24 hours is a leiniant sentence and your just being silly taking opportunities to strike out at the mods for whatever grudge you have against the devs.

[PURPLE!]
#76306 by Myorum Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:53 pm
Regarding your claim, that I shall have admitted we have no proof:
I explained you in length, that 4 Moderators based the decision together on circumstantial evidence.

As the screenshot shows, I told your brother (as he said he is and with ur permission) we based it on indicators.
-> For those who dont know, proof used in the circumstantial evidence methodology is called indicators.
As for why I said "believe", well, I refuse to use an absolute word for something that isnt absolute.
Because circumstantial evidence is based on logic and probabilities, which will never be absolute.
Due to the devs not giving us better tools, this is what we are capable of, and not more.

That aside, thyself refused to talk with me 3 times, declining the possibility to provide proof for your innocence.

That which we call a rose would smell as sweet by any other name.
Best Arts-Thread
#76307 by Nightsky Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:59 pm
McPwny wrote:Are you seriously trying to criticize the mods for giving him a silence because they weren't in that specific system at that specific time?

I've been criticizing the mods for a long time now. And with what this game, the chat and this forum has become I have a solid reason to do so, too. Plus, I criticized him too, thank you for missing out on other things and only focus on the horrible things in life.

Regards ~

Image
#76308 by brenden Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:10 pm
Myorum wrote:Regarding your claim, that I shall have admitted we have no proof:
I explained you in length, that 4 Moderators based the decision together on circumstantial evidence.

As the screenshot shows, I told your brother (as he said he is and with ur permission) we based it on indicators.
-> For those who dont know, proof used in the circumstantial evidence methodology is called indicators.
As for why I said "believe", well, I refuse to use an absolute word for something that isnt absolute.
Because circumstantial evidence is based on logic and probabilities, which will never be absolute.
Due to the devs not giving us better tools, this is what we are capable of, and not more.

That aside, thyself refused to talk with me 3 times, declining the possibility to provide proof for your innocence.

you have no proof yet only 2 mods of the 4 you claim seems to know anything about the topic, i have spoken to all 4 of you and yet you still think its fair although you openly admitted its just a claim without and backing on it? you think thats fair? no you are just a biased moderator who cant accept the fact you are wrong so you cry about it to your other mods so they are on your side but dont see the truth though all your crap
#76309 by McPwny Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:16 pm
Nightsky wrote:I've been criticizing the mods for a long time now. And with what this game, the chat and this forum has become I have a solid reason to do so, too. Plus, I criticized him too, thank you for missing out on other things and only focus on the horrible things in life.

Regards ~


okay. if all you really ever do is criticize, what even is the point in reading your paragraphs?
"here's a topic, ill criticize everyone about everything." how can anyone take that seriously?

[PURPLE!]
#76311 by Nightsky Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:25 pm
I don't know, why do you read them? It's up to you whether you do so or not. I don't just criticize but with the lack of topics here there isn't much else I can write about. The in-game chat luckily is a little different.

Anyways, enough off-topic stuff.

Brenden, if there is 4 people voting for a ban, what power do you have as a single person? In this case it's a lost fight. And if 4 Moderators actually think a ban or increased ban length is good - whether it's good or bad - It's their decision really and they have the right to do so. Technically the devs could even disable your account without any reason.

Image
#76314 by traf Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:01 pm
Brief interjection:
Nightsky, as far as I am aware the developers have not made chat logs. That's the original reason I started to learn programming, to make available what the developers did not. However, at the request of the developers, I'm not even attempting to log local chat, so what sparse logging we have wouldn't have helped in this situation.

Developer-produced chat logs would be sooooo nice ._.

And, I don't even think the developers can access the IP's of the players. It's honestly quite sad to consider how poorly equipped we sometimes are to handle the things we're expected to handle.

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#76326 by Bellatrix Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:04 am
brenden wrote:you have no proof yet only 2 mods of the 4 you claim seems to know anything about the topic, i have spoken to all 4 of you and yet you still think its fair although you openly admitted its just a claim without and backing on it? you think thats fair? no you are just a biased moderator who cant accept the fact you are wrong so you cry about it to your other mods so they are on your side but dont see the truth though all your crap


As you said it yourself, you can post the images you have for transparency and then claim we have no prof.

Bobi, Traf, Me and Myo all voted and where all involved, so all four active mods were involved in the decision.

Bellatrix, the shining star of Astroflux
#76329 by brenden Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:06 pm
Bellatrix wrote:
brenden wrote:you have no proof yet only 2 mods of the 4 you claim seems to know anything about the topic, i have spoken to all 4 of you and yet you still think its fair although you openly admitted its just a claim without and backing on it? you think thats fair? no you are just a biased moderator who cant accept the fact you are wrong so you cry about it to your other mods so they are on your side but dont see the truth though all your crap


As you said it yourself, you can post the images you have for transparency and then claim we have no prof.

Bobi, Traf, Me and Myo all voted and where all involved, so all four active mods were involved in the decision.

Please refer to the third screenshot on the opening of this disscussion, thanks
#76332 by Bellatrix Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:52 am
brenden wrote:Please refer to the third screenshot on the opening of this disscussion, thanks


So you are not going to post the evidence that was sent to you? You are going to post a small part of a conversation you had with a mod and take that out of context? You have the screens you know that is in them. We are not allowed to post them so not much I can do at this moment.

You can continue this game and charade, but do not expect anyone to play along with you.

Bellatrix, the shining star of Astroflux
#76334 by BrianN Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:50 am
you realise that is a third party aplication so why are you interfeering that with this discussion? dont have anything to post about the topic keep silent.... thanks

Image

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#76336 by traf Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:42 am
You really do have a knack for finding the perfect meme BrianN! (A compliment free of sarcasm)

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

About

Welcome to the AstroFlux forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can ask questions and receive helpful information from experienced players. Please Join the discussions in the Astroflux forums. The game developers are active here and are happy to hear what you think!

AstroFlux is a MMO space shooter with numerous weapons, upgrades and abilities. Explore the galaxy and collect space junk to gain resources for new technologies.