All AstroFlux related contests go here
#75115 by BrianN Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:49 pm
If you’d like to make a duplicate competition, feel free to start your own thread.
-traf

also traf: please scroll down to where i say ATTENTION in large letters. That's the start of this thread. I've never split a topic before, so i eh . . . have some creative formatting problems. :)

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#75178 by boogerrito Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:08 am

BrianN, what was your challenge again?

The prize is every time I lose to someone until this challenge is discontinued. People may try as many times as they want, within reason. I just don't want people to abuse the opportunity.

Swole of Body
Swole of Spirit
Swole of Mind
How to PvP
#75180 by BrianN Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:31 am
BrianN wrote:If you’d like to make a duplicate competition, feel free to start your own thread.
-traf

That makes absolutely no sense...you want a new thread for the same thing? That's spam.

Swole: Sorry, I had to go to work, didn't have enough time. Talk to traf about it...apparently its illegal here for me to say the same thing you did.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#75181 by mt10kardans Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:26 am
If you cant stick to topic you don't need to post. This is a contest, those who don't want to partake don't need.

Edit by Bella
#75186 by traf Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:17 pm
Well, I meant what I said. If you want a identical challenge, you can make another thread. No need to confuse someone else’s thread . . .

Let’s see if I can find a screenie of your original post. I usually cover my butt like that . . .

Edit: looks like I didn’t take a screenie.

Anywho: BrianN basically copied steroid’s post, with the addition that the participants could have one free safezone. Basically, something that would better be said in a parody post. Clearly something intended to poke fun and cause confusion, instead of being helpful. I mean, look at the name of the thread, “Bounty on TheSteroid”. Why would you attempt to put *your own* contest here? This isn’t your thread.

Have some respect for other people, regardless of their identity. Surely we can all do that.

And Brian, it would not be spam to make a duplicate thread. Mainly because it would be *your* thread. Bounty on BrianN, you could call it. If you called it Bounty on TheSteroid, then it would be up for spam evaluation.

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#75190 by BrianN Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:29 pm
traf wrote:Basically, something that would better be said in a parody post. Clearly something intended to poke fun and cause confusion, instead of being helpful. I mean, look at the name of the thread, “Bounty on TheSteroid”. Why would you attempt to put *your own* contest here? This isn’t your thread.

So if I thought it was a cool idea and wanted to offer the same thing, I should make another thread? What then when 5 other people want to offer same thing? But it was CLEARLY :roll: meant to poke fun and cause confusion right? So awesome how you know that; so its great that you deleted my legitimate offer to do the same thing as Swole...and basically you are saying Swole can do it, but I cant?
Why would I want to build bridges with Swole if Im going to be punished for doing so? Only things that should be deleted are vulgar/dangerous things...if some1 wants to act like a donkey let them and let the world see them for who they are. Or else you can delete it and make it seem like I said something terrible...that was a favorite play of Draggerz's.
So Im so very sorry for recognizing a good idea by swole and offering the same thing (and the tamarity of me offering a handicap for my opponents! What a war crime!)
oh sacrifice me on the alter of your omnipotent wisdom oh great traf!!
Take your pious sanctimonious attitude elsewhere

#75192 by traf Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:00 am
Don’t take over a thread that isn’t yours.

If five people actually want to offer similar contests, by all means. I’d be fine with every single astroflux player making their own contest thread.

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#75193 by traf Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:07 am
BrianN wrote:
traf wrote:Basically, something that would better be said in a parody post. Clearly something intended to poke fun and cause confusion, instead of being helpful. I mean, look at the name of the thread, “Bounty on TheSteroid”. Why would you attempt to put *your own* contest here? This isn’t your thread.

So if I thought it was a cool idea and wanted to offer the same thing, I should make another thread? What then when 5 other people want to offer same thing? But it was CLEARLY :roll: meant to poke fun and cause confusion right? So awesome how you know that; so its great that you deleted my legitimate offer to do the same thing as Swole...and basically you are saying Swole can do it, but I cant?
Why would I want to build bridges with Swole if Im going to be punished for doing so? Only things that should be deleted are vulgar/dangerous things...if some1 wants to act like a donkey let them and let the world see them for who they are. Or else you can delete it and make it seem like I said something terrible...that was a favorite play of Draggerz's.
So Im so very sorry for recognizing a good idea by swole and offering the same thing (and the tamarity of me offering a handicap for my opponents! What a war crime!)
oh sacrifice me on the alter of your omnipotent wisdom oh great traf!!
Take your pious sanctimonious attitude elsewhere

Moving to computer so I can actually type

― William Howard Taft
#75194 by BrianN Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:12 am
traf wrote:Don’t take over a thread that isn’t yours.

I didnt take over the thread...I said basically the same thing swole did...then you went and deleted it for some stupid reason. By your 'logic', YOU took over a thread that wasnt yours.

#75195 by traf Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:05 am
traf wrote:Moving to computer so I can actually type

For future reference, that means my previous posts are highly volatile, subject to radical editing. Apparently you couldn't wait until I got to my computer to comment on my obviously incomplete post. That's ok though.

You know what? Since I feel nice today, I'll move all un-related posts to a new thread in contests, because I'd rather we didn't continue to use a legit thread for our discussion.

above action completed ^

― William Howard Taft
#75199 by traf Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:26 am
ATTENTION

Yes, that ^.

I decided to take BrianN's advice and stop taking over steroid's thread. Thanks BrianN!

also: i got tired while moving everything around. I'll lock the post, go to sleep, make my "introduction to post" stuff, then unlock the thread.

Please contain your excitement!

― William Howard Taft
#75207 by Bellatrix Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:07 am
Ok, this is getting tiresome. Some people continue to comment with non constructive opinions in posts made by a some specific individuals.

If person A creates a contest, it is their contest on their terms.

If person B likes the idea and wants to create a similar contest or even the identical, create your own thread for it.

It is your competition and you should have your own thread for it.

If you decided to be an pain in my lower region and create 10 topics with new contests all the time, please consider to finish the previous contest before starting a new one. If you fear you will forget your great idea for a contest, write it down on a piece of paper, to young for that? Use notepad, on linux use mousepad, if you are on Mac, I have no idea but I am sure that thing will tell it for ya what to write it in...

Bellatrix, the shining star of Astroflux
#75302 by traf Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:15 pm
DevNull would like to add the following comment to this thread:
Attachments
894ECD56-C0C9-4182-8B2C-FE44FF727F05.jpeg
894ECD56-C0C9-4182-8B2C-FE44FF727F05.jpeg (81.66 KiB) Viewed 1249 times

― William Howard Taft