All AstroFlux related contests go here
#75072 by Samgault Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:13 pm
in 2018 the most ambitious pvp tournament in astroflux history will begin with 2 plays per team and the winners getting up to 3000 flux per teammate. groups will be selected from lvl 100-116 competing for 1100 flux and teams from 117-150 competing for 3000 flux! with weapon restrictions, random secluded spots for the matches and the whole thing being recorded and uploaded too youtube this will surely be the biggest and most ambitious tournament in astroflux history, make this possible by donating to the following link to raise the small goal of only £50 ($60) to afford the flux rewards: https://www.gofundme.com/astroflux-2v2-pvp-tournament-2018
Extremely long range weapons and/or weapons that discourage confrontation (e.g Hunter-Killer Launcher, Chrono/Aureus beam, Neutron Stream etc.) will not be permitted in an effort to bring in a larger variety of weapons and builds and to make it more fun. Co-ordinates to where the battle will take place will be privately messaged to you and should not be shared under any circumstances. teammates will be chosen at randomwithin the defined parameters. GLHF! :) will begin on the 10th* of January and details will be released then! apply bellow by stating your level!
Last edited by Samgault on Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#75074 by BrianN Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:00 pm
Extremely long range weapons and/or weapons that discourage confrontation (e.g Hunter-Killer Launcher, Chrono/Aureus beam, Neutron Stream etc.)

I think you failed to finish that sentence...are you saying those things wont be permitted?

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#75076 by GuestNINJAS Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:13 am
Railgun, snowball and why 100-116? maybe for some people to get a better chance? in this case i would be better asking the devs to put me back to level 116. steroid destroys everyone so he wins obviously.

Sad fact : I was quite often in-game.. Making dramas, showing up in chat a lot! Laughing.. raging... pvp'ing..

Yet almost no one remembers who I was. Pay respects. Press F.

Go to the Astroflux discord befoee this forum and the game gets deleted.
#75078 by BrianN Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:55 am
That's arbitrary...I don't have a single zhersis art. I don't think the extra couple of levels is worth the multitude more arts you get from blobs. Whats the deal with extremely long range weapons? Does vindiport count because it 'discourages confrontation'?

I mean, its your baby, but its pretty obvious who the winners will be for both divisions. I think what would be much more interesting would be to make the teams random...with as little of a warning as possible. "Can be disbanded by a vote of judges"? Arbitrary again.

And just a warning; its extraordinarily hard to pull off such a tournament, especially as fleeting as a lot of people in this game are. Again; godspeed to you, just warning.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#75080 by Samgault Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:25 am
I get what you mean but if the teams where random it wouldn't be particularly fair and might be a whole mess and would ruin the point of this which is to have fun. Also vindiport is the opposite, it does not discourage confrontation and can directly lead to confrontation by using it to get into close range of your opponent in order to confront them
#75081 by BrianN Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:22 am
Its not gonna be fair not randomized because as I said, we already know who will win.
Vindiport can be used to escape just as well as get close.

#75206 by TheScythe Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:09 am
I would like to join, and will be fighting in the level 100-116 bracket. Thank you.

Still don't see why teams must be random if you are going to restrict location/ship/weapon/setup. If you decide to remove the random teams, then I would like to also fight in the 117+ bracket.

TheDepraved