All AstroFlux related contests go here
#67268 by TheScrub Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:04 am
traf wrote:
traf wrote:Each person is limited to 100 submissions. (Extra points for actually making 100 good posts in this thread :shock:)

Only if you read the first post :)

Challenge accepted.

Our determination is based on our will to survive.

Never.
Give.
Up.
#67353 by FIGHT4LIV3 Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm
Blob ???: Teleports, steals shield and health attacks. These are very powerful and dangerous enemies that use three attacks, Void Tentacles at short range debuffing energy resistance, a Chrono Beam that can kill most players in one-shot at long range and has a Vampire Bite which can kill players in less than seconds. These attacks heal the ??? blob. The ??? blobs are also very fast and can easily catch an Explorer 062 plus they have the ability to teleport.

Stats:
[b] Shield:
Health: 10
Armor: 8
Shield Regen: 1

+50% energy damage
+50% kinetic damage
+5% max resist !!
-15% Power Regen
-30% Speed

Weapon: Void tentacles

Weapon: Railgun

Weapon: Vampire bite (Can not be copied)

Weapon: Teleport

Price: 5800 Flux

Location: The next system after Vorsran if it went out already. Otherwise Vorsran, Innerst (elite) hangar.

My opinion:
The best enemie ship that would be so cool to have (before the system fulzar and vorsran came out)
A ship that definy everone would buy:)
Attachments
0002.png
0002.png (8.17 KiB) Viewed 1606 times
0001.png
0001.png (447 Bytes) Viewed 1606 times
Last edited by FIGHT4LIV3 on Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#67356 by FIGHT4LIV3 Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:26 pm
DRONE X: DRONE X was made by the most secret base Area 51. It contains the most superior powers.

Stats:
[b]Shield:
Health: 10
Armor: 10
Shield Regen: 4

+100% energy damage
+100% kinetic damage
+100% Max Power
-30% Power Regen

Weapon: Hunter X (Can not be copied)
(Fast burst of many little missles that will definy hit enemie in his path. High and deatly dps)

Weapon: Shockwave (Can not be copied)
(Looks like a energy nova, it is perfect for detonating mines and missles, but what if this has 3x more range then a detonating nuke ??!! It has the same rate of fire as electrofield but it consumes 2x more power. It also does a decent dmg to enemies in this radius. Making it perfect for defence.

Price: 6000 flux

Location: The next system after Vorsranif it went out already. Otherwise Vorsran, Innerst (elite) hangar.

I hope you guys like this one :)
Attachments
drone 1.png
drone 1.png (6.53 KiB) Viewed 1604 times
drone.png
drone.png (709 Bytes) Viewed 1604 times
#67385 by I_Am_Jarvis Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:20 am
traf wrote:The winning design will become either a new contest to flesh out the identity of the ship, or it will go straight to the suggestions forum. Depends on my mood (and the size of my next paycheck lol).

And yet there are several entries that have stats on them... It seems to me that some people haven't read the specifics... (if we get extra points for that, I'm going to be... slightly upset...)

Many a day, I go through mental debates:
Is there any exception to the 3-Ates?
"Tolerate, Compensate, Mediate."
Alas there is none, they are so great.
Perhaps you can try, but only your best.
For every time, these shall pass the test.
-E. Jarvis
#67388 by FIGHT4LIV3 Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:00 am
I_Am_Jarvis wrote:
traf wrote:The winning design will become either a new contest to flesh out the identity of the ship, or it will go straight to the suggestions forum. Depends on my mood (and the size of my next paycheck lol).

And yet there are several entries that have stats on them... It seems to me that some people haven't read the specifics... (if we get extra points for that, I'm going to be... slightly upset...)

Nahh, im just sending it becouse I already made stats on the ship designs, I hope to not get extra points for it. I just added the stats now for the next contest if it comes out. So I will be sure that anybody will post a related design stats before me XD
#67409 by Nightsky Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:20 pm
Not my best but something... :)

Last edited by Nightsky on Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Can I advertise my game in this forum? Others are allowed as well!
#67495 by Fulminis Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:26 am
Took the opportunity to make my first pixel art.. yeah i know it is very ugly but well it's just my first try maybe great ones will come along.. but still and this what i see from this sprite you made lol
The ship name is Vestibulum which means Energy in latin
Used the sides to create some sort of charging tower to power up the core.. and some energy based weapons.
Weapons:
Vestibulum's Nova
A nova that have 15% all debuff and shield debuff for 2 seconds stacking up to 30% all resist debuff and 4 seconds debuff if both novas hits.. this weapon consumes 150 energy for both novas and 75 for one nova for it to shoot 2 novas you'll have to charge it until 150 energy and for 75 charge until 75 ofc.
Vestibulum's Arma
A weapon that have 2% all resist debuff and stacks up to 30% EACH bullet and consumes 15 energy each shoot of 4 bullets

Not going to list every ship stat because i don't really know how to balance a ship really well.. and i'm very lazy so yah
#67513 by Bianca Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:59 am
image deleted

As this is done for now, family can come ...

Happy and peaceful days for everyone

as we got a little more time I made some small changes, hope this is ok

AF-schiff-contest-2.jpg
AF-schiff-contest-2.jpg (55.59 KiB) Viewed 1420 times
Last edited by Bianca on Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Time runs its own way
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trhh6BJuBqI

With a wasp at your side you never fight alone
#67595 by traf Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:35 am
now this is getting interesting . . . keep it up!

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#67684 by I_Am_Jarvis Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:15 am
I know I probably shouldn't be doing this, since I'll be leaving the forum forever this Thursday, but I figured I just HAD to take a shot at making an entry out of the whole image this time.
Guided Ship Design 2.PNG
Guided Ship Design 2.PNG (4.75 KiB) Viewed 1506 times

Note: If any of my entries end up winning, just let the flux be divided evenly among the others that participated ;)

Many a day, I go through mental debates:
Is there any exception to the 3-Ates?
"Tolerate, Compensate, Mediate."
Alas there is none, they are so great.
Perhaps you can try, but only your best.
For every time, these shall pass the test.
-E. Jarvis
#67715 by traf Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:53 am
:shock:

Ooo!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#67925 by FIGHT4LIV3 Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:50 pm
I just tried something... XD
Attachments
guided ship design.png
guided ship design.png (192 KiB) Viewed 1448 times
guided ship.PNG
guided ship.PNG (3.92 KiB) Viewed 1448 times
#67932 by traf Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:00 pm
I've decided to let this keep going for a while, probably ending by the end of January. Good designs can't be rushed :)

― William Howard Taft
#69020 by traf Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:29 pm
Last call for entries! Contest ends on Friday!

― William Howard Taft