All AstroFlux related contests go here
#69039 by traf Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:24 pm
Note I didn't mention which Friday :P

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#69176 by bmuell01 Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:59 pm
New to the game and this is my first post. This is a little outside the box. Sorry for the poor quality it was done in MS Paint.

I rotated the ship and was inspired by the Dire Moths. So I came up with this crab-like ship called the Carapace.

The only change from the original was removing the two corners (red circles) since I needed the image to be symmetrical longways.

It is part machine and part organism. Much like a lobster, the ship would have heavy shell shields but soft fleshy low health.

It would be the widest ship so good for collecting space scrap and bottom feeding. :lol:

Probably be pretty slow too.

Its weapon would be based off of the Piraya but intead of pink fish it would shoot out red crawfish that would leech shield from the targets.

I really just want this ship made so that I can fly it around Hyperion and make new players think a boss is coming!! :D

Cheers! Enjoy.
Attachments
carapace.png
The dreaded Carapace
carapace.png (14.02 KiB) Viewed 1689 times
#75131 by MYSTICAL Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:04 am
This is my ship design based of the template given.
Attachments
Tempest.png
The ship's name is Tempest.
It would cost 3,500 Flux.
The ship would be fast, and have very good shield, but low health and armour,
The ship would come with a new weapon, which would be like the beam but blue in color. When a enemy player or entity gets hit by the laser it takes initial stacking damage and then is hit by a 10 sec shield corrosive that will badly damage shield and also disable shield regen. The weapon progressively get better damage as the level goes up and the corrosive damage gets longer as the weapon level goes up.
The ship would come with a standard blaster.
The ship comes with a level 3 teleport, level 2 speed boost, and a level 6 power.

Tempest.png (4.31 KiB) Viewed 1299 times
#75203 by bolbi Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:23 am
Well I don't think traf ever formally ended the contest so...
#blametraf

" 'Whatever you want people to do for you, do the same for them.'
(International Standard Version, Luke 6.31)"
#75214 by Bianca Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:24 pm
Maybe this will wake him up.

It would be nice if there was an end and sort of a decision or a comment cause there /are/ some nice ideas.

There need not be a winner just something that the work is not totally wasted.

Time runs its own way
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trhh6BJuBqI

With a wasp at your side you never fight alone
#75217 by traf Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:27 am
well, the person who i was going to pick to win decided to quit . . . so . . . yeah . . .

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#75222 by Monohelix Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:07 pm
Its kinda impossible not to necrobump most interesting posts, since they are from an era of creativity.