All AstroFlux related contests go here
#61670 by TheSpirit Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:01 pm
Keyboard Setup
Movement:W,S,A,D
Weapon fire:1st wep-O,2nd wep-P,3rd wep- 3rd bracket start "[",4th wep- 3rd bracket end "]" ,5th wep- backslash "\"
Mouse Setup
Movement:W,S
Weapon fire:1st wep-space,2nd wep-left click,3rd wep-right click,4th wep-A,5th wep-D
#61707 by bolbi Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:42 pm
Aiming: Mouse

Movement:
Forward: W
Brakes: S
Turning: Mouse (max turn speed, 1.25 I believe)

Ship boosts:
All default (just used to using those keys as power ups for other games I play)

Weapons:
Slot 1 - Left mouse button and number 1
Slot 2 - Right mouse button and number 2
Slot 3 - A and number 3
Slot 4 - D and number 4
Slot 5 - Spacebar and number 5
Fire - Shift (never use it but it's there just in case)

Explanation:
I like being able to swap between my main damage weapons quickly, so with this setup I can swap between slots 1, 2, & 5 without taking my fingers off of Q & E (the boosts I use the most) then the rest of the slots are not normally being used constantly and when they are used it is normally just fired once or twice and then back to primaries. It is a bit different to get used to but I like having a different trigger for each weapon I am using.

Slot 1 is normally a secondary dps weapon, or harassment type weapon (constant damage) these are normally mid-long range weapons
Slot 2 is normally my heavy hitter e.g. LWG or CL (these tend to be short range weapons so I pair them with a decent mid-long range weapon in slot 1 e.g. Eagle Needles or Acid Balster respectively)
Slot 3 is Nuke/nova
Slot 4 is normally an Armor, shield regen, or damage debuff weapon
Slot 5 is debuff resist

Because you do not have to use nova to often in PvE I give the 5th slot to debuff resist, but for PvP I sometimes will swap slots 3 & 5, depending on the type of Players I am going against. e.g. someone using nova-able weapons as primary, or as a harassment weapon. If I ever use a pet it is normally in slot 3 as that is the slot I put my "not used much" weapons in.
#61822 by AC-Archangel Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:31 am
Draconis wrote:Some keys such as R1 have multiple functions, when held R1 will turn into TAB after half a second enabling autopilot. Others are macro functions such as down arrow will send Q and then wait 2s and send F for hardened shields and then heal/armor boost. Clicking R3 will send E+H to enter the speed glitch. There are two Q's because one is just auto fire Q when held because shield setups don't use the F key. When held L1 switches to the second layout so L1+D-Pad Right will open encounters screen and so on. Options menu is set to fire by hotkey and mouse click does not fire weapons at all, neither does spacebar. So 1-5 are weapons no need to press anything else to shoot. This is the reason I choose to suck at pvp, because I prefer my controller vs mouse aim and I suffer the consequence of poor aiming in favor of comfortable lay back and play without any keyboard in my lap.
afaik there is one other person using a controller to play, making this the most unique method of key mapping. with literally every key under my finger tips at all times, it is also the most convenient layout there can be.

Ok first things first, there is never any reason not to maximize your turning speed, all benefit and no downside that im aware.

Secondly default mouseaim, i need to find a easier way to change weps bc i lime to do that midfight.

Thirdly drac how do i do that with a ps3 controller? I MUST KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!

When the game dies remember to say sorry you didnt listen to me magnus.

http://rainmercs.freeforums.org/index.php
#61893 by Hyperion Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:45 pm
This is done using a qwerty keyboard, laptop version.

I use the arrow keys to move.

Skills:
Engine boost: /
Power/dmg boost: e
Invulnerability Shield: q
Sh to Hp repair: f

Weapon keys:
Weapon 1: 1
Weapon 2: 2
Weapon 3: 3
Weapon 4: w
Weapon 5: `

Misc:
Map: .

The "s" key has been unbound from movement since it interferes with mule mode/auto cruise while typing in chat. All other preset keybindings have been left untouched.
#61895 by artioni Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:09 pm
For moving : wasd
skills : default
weap 1: ; (teleport or cloack)
weap 2: L (debuff1 )
weap 3: i (debuff 2)
weap 4: k (main pvp weapon)
weap 5: j (highest dps weapon )

I use keyboard only and use fire with hotkeys option
turn speed 1.25