All AstroFlux related contests go here
#58739 by TheSupreme Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:59 pm
Chess Tournament
We all like contests, especially when they are completely fair and depend completely on your mind.

Details
Chess Tournament is held this coming Saturday. You have until Thursday to enter!
To enter simply post in the comments: "I will enter". Easy, right? ^^
After that I will private message you and we will play a private game so I can evaluate your ability for the game and pair you up with other contestants fairly.

This is an elemenation process. You lose a match you are out. When you win you will be paired with another winner.

Each match will be 10 minutes. 5 minutes per player, no time increase per turn!
Prize
The winner will receive 600 flux.
Last edited by TheSupreme on Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Discord ID
TheSupreme#4703
#58835 by I_Am_Jarvis Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:27 pm
If this was a Checkers tournament, you all would get so rekt :lol: I've only ever lost 3 games in my LIFE... But yeah, I will enter... I wanna see how I would do in chess against the lot of ya... Also, maybe just pair everyone randomly? I feel like, if there was going to be a serious match-up, it'd come eventually by elimination...

Many a day, I go through mental debates:
Is there any exception to the 3-Ates?
"Tolerate, Compensate, Mediate."
Alas there is none, they are so great.
Perhaps you can try, but only your best.
For every time, these shall pass the test.
-E. Jarvis
#59016 by Titir Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:19 pm
I will enter

"By Failing to Prepare, you are Preparing to Fail"
Benjamin Franklin
#59081 by traf Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:47 am
I will not enter. When I play chess with someone, it takes hours.

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#59088 by I_Am_Jarvis Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:53 am
I'd say I'm only average at chess, but seriously traf? I've never had any match last longer than 20 minutes...

-E. Jarvis
#59147 by TheSupreme Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:59 pm
Is anyone else interested?

--

Those who have entered, check your messages please.

Discord ID
TheSupreme#4703
#59155 by I_Am_Jarvis Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:59 am
Am I the first one to go in on that link you sent? I don't know... But holy crap, I'm waiting on you on another tab right now :lol:

-E. Jarvis
#59180 by TheSupreme Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:32 pm
Unfortunately this will need to be delayed. Not everyone who has entered has appeared, in fact, only one person is ready. I'll put out some more, specific and clear details soon. Will be delayed until next week, people can continue to enter until Thursday. The prize is changed to 600 flux.

Discord ID
TheSupreme#4703
#59291 by traf Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:39 am
yeah, hours. me and supreme had nearly a 2 hour crazy house match a few weeks ago.

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#59401 by Omicron Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:48 am
"I will enter". Easy, right? ^^
Hoping for fun :D