All AstroFlux related contests go here
#59627 by TheCen Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:14 pm
I'd suggest to make it fair for anyone that ever wants to do a chess tournament in the future is to do it as a correspondence chess match for each game. Each player has a specified number of days to move for each move (suggestion: at most 3). If, a person doesn't move in the allotted time the game is forfeited by them.

And no one should have to play someone else to see how they rank. Literally just match other players together and start the tournament. [You could even do a double elimination format.] I didn't join because the format that was presented was really strange. Making players play a live match over the internet when everyone has different time zones? Reality check.. that's not even feasible. As even mentioned by the Kangaroo.. it was 3 am for him. Real nice.

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#59629 by TheSupreme Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:24 pm
TheCen wrote:I'd suggest to make it fair for anyone that ever wants to do a chess tournament in the future is to do it as a correspondence chess match for each game. Each player has a specified number of days to move for each move (suggestion: at most 3). If, a person doesn't move in the allotted time the game is forfeited by them.

And no one should have to play someone else to see how they rank. Literally just match other players together and start the tournament. [You could even do a double elimination format.] I didn't join because the format that was presented was really strange. Making players play a live match over the internet when everyone has different time zones? Reality check.. that's not even feasible. As even mentioned by the Kangaroo.. it was 3 am for him. Real nice.

as far as I was aware he was going to be there. I sent the message about details days in advance.

no complaints were made, he did see the message.

good idea by the way
I will certainly do it that way next time.

#59632 by harculous Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:32 am
i will enter... not really good at chess,More of a champion at checkers.
I will try my luck for the sake becuase i love any type of competitions even the kinds that i am most certainly lacking,Altho i might do even more badly than Jarvis.

They see me harcin', They hatin'
mom i will get up,Give me more 5 minutes !
#59635 by I_Am_Jarvis Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:54 am
TheSupreme wrote:jarvis is an excellent player.
this ended, btw. ^^

Yeah.. wasn't aware at the time that everyone else was forfeited for not showing up, so the suddenly high stakes never occurred to me and I wasn't entirely focused :lol: GG though... GG... I STILL cant figure why Titir gave up an open opportunity to take my queen piece... Then again, as was pointed out later... I kinda also missed a killer move myself... (Again, wasn't entirely focused, so I missed it completely...)

Many a day, I go through mental debates:
Is there any exception to the 3-Ates?
"Tolerate, Compensate, Mediate."
Alas there is none, they are so great.
Perhaps you can try, but only your best.
For every time, these shall pass the test.
-E. Jarvis