All AstroFlux related contests go here
#55338 by Sans Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:30 pm
Welcome to the ASTROFLUX PROTECTOR CHALLENGE:

The game is simple, gain points while fighting enemies, clearing areas in planets, and leveling up. Who ever has the most points, will be declared by all Protectors, the Master Protector!

The Point System:
Points are rewarded by the following graph:
Killing an Enemy: 1 Point
Killing a Boss (Meaning the Boss is killed by you and people who helped you): 2 Points
Completing a quest: 3 Points
Clearing/Claiming an area on a planet: 4 Points
Leveling up (Because of how hard it is): 5 Points.

Rewards:
1st-5th Place: Title of Master Protector
6th-10th Place: Title of 41st Legion Soldier
11th-20th Place: Title of 41st Legion Cadet

Well, I hope to see you Soldiers on the battle field, remember to keep track of score and rack up those points!

This Challenge will end on January 1st, 2017

If you wish to finalize your score, put in your points in the comments.
#60523 by harculous Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:04 pm
Someone with at least an ounce of sanity please i am requesting you to lock this thread ...

They see me harcin', They hatin'
mom i will get up,Give me more 5 minutes !
#60526 by I_Am_Jarvis Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:48 pm
Two things wrong with this:

1. This asks for values that would be immensely difficult, if not impossible, to keep track of. Why? Because there is no available method to keep track of how much one does except with exp count, which varies between certain mobs, minibosses, bosses, missions, timed missions, and daily missions. Even then, there are player deaths to keep in mind.

2. Such values would be WAY too easy to simply submit a random number and call it good. I can guarantee you that, if this was taken seriously as a contest, most of the numbers given by players would either be incorrect (whether by estimate or by recording errors) or completely hoaxed.

Maybe this could be a thing at some time, but now is not that time. One thing that would definitely make this possible to consider is a sort of Activity Log, having to be made a part of the game, listing the number of each mob/boss/miniboss type you killed, how many timed/story/daily missions you completed, stuff like that. The, you could just simply take screenshots, compare between different times, and get your values from that. Honestly though, I'd say that it's far more likely to never be a thing, considering how far most players have gotten in the game, which would be impossible to track the values that would be needed here. While I like that you took the time to think of a contest idea, it would have been better to have put this under Suggestions so that others could explain whether this could be legitimate or not.

Many a day, I go through mental debates:
Is there any exception to the 3-Ates?
"Tolerate, Compensate, Mediate."
Alas there is none, they are so great.
Perhaps you can try, but only your best.
For every time, these shall pass the test.
-E. Jarvis
#60532 by traf Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:38 am
"I just killed 50,000 enemies. I win, right?"

we'll have a lot of ^ that if this contest goes forward in its current form.

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#61472 by Sans Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:55 am
@traf Ok listen, I can realize what problems we may have with this

1. I can figure out who is or isn't lying

2. Notepads, the can keep track with notepad on PC or In Real Life

3. If they wish to know what to equal it by, they look on here

If this isn't enough, don't participate, that's all I can say
#61473 by TheKrazyKangaroo Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:32 pm
Mate, you have no idea what you're doing and I don't think a 9 year old like you should organize contests because there's no point holding a contest with no real prize. I also don't think anyone would participate in a contest run by someone no-one respects.

#61534 by BayD3 Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:24 am
I mean , What exactly is "Title of Master Protector" , " Title of 41st" This means 0 real prise that can help us.
Give us a ton of loot or some 10k cargo bank account. Or even good arts. Whatever you do , Change the prise to something real.