All AstroFlux related contests go here
#69239 by TheSupreme Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:08 pm
Because there is some obvious confusion.. Let me clear up how a treasure hunt works.

Generally clues are given out and often times these clues will be very hard and mention things related to the target rather than directly it. In astroflux when you read the name Asteroid L39 you see an Asteroid, not a planet. You can even go over to it and it looks like an asteroid, because that's exactly what it's supposed to be.

I put tricks into the first thing to make it more fun and interesting, otherwise we'd just have random guessers who eventually get it without even trying to solve it. :)

#69240 by TheCen Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:00 pm
I don't know anything about this contest nor did I even read anything in this thread. Just going to point out that offering up 3k flux on January 30th and it's already ended by the 4th of February. Maybe, make your contests last longer? So, that more people can participate? Just a suggestion.

TheCen - YouTube Channel
Warning:
Screen cap your own posts to have a record of it before a MOD changes it. There are MODS that do not follow any rules. Protect yourself.
#69246 by traf Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:27 pm
It's the same sprite as a planet in durian . . . It's in the planet list on the server . . . It's a planet. Unless you want to call ilion an asteroid too?

It is NAMED an asteroid. But, just because I name a planet an asteroid doesn't make it an asteroid. If I was going for accuracy, it's technically an extrasolar planetoid.

I have an open door policy. Please feel free to private message me!

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft