For discussion of The AstroFlux Forums
#30861 by Myster_Corak Wed May 06, 2015 10:34 pm
It's bad the search blocks some useful terms like weapon or ship.
Don't know if this causes to much load, but what if I really like to search all ship suggestions?

regards ~Corak the Mysterious

Remember the collection of good suggestions (by Pariahus): viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4306

Now uses board style CA orbital
#32329 by Myster_Corak Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:51 am
I'm just having a gigantic facepalm :?

Common words are blocked, but you can search them with a wildcard * added
-> weapon* gives massive 36 hits also including "weapon" as a word.

regards ~Corak the Mysterious

Remember the collection of good suggestions (by Pariahus): viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4306

Now uses board style CA orbital
#64347 by SpecialK Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:18 am
Necro-bump I know, but this is as an alternative to creating a duplicate thread.

The search function is really poor, making use of this great resource more limited, and encouraging the creation of unnecessary threads.

The above from Corak is the worst offender (thx for the wildcard tip btw) - why exclude common terms? If your search throws back 1000 results you know you need to refine it...

Also, common terms can be used in conjunction to create non-common searches. Eg "ship setup health build". Function : "No, you can't search for ship, setup or health. I will return you the quite useless search results for 'build' instead XD."

Finally, there's a quick search field at the top of the forum. Why redirect me to the full search page (and delete what I typed in... :evil: ) when you could just run the search?

Like a lot of websites, often works out best to go back to Google and type "Astroflux Forum [your_search]"....