- To take a screenshot of your current window, Press the Alt + Print Screen keys on your keyboard
This will capture an image of your window and copy it to the clipboard. You will not receive a confirmation that the screenshot has been taken.
- The Print Screen key may be labeled "PrtScn", "Prnt Scrn", "Print Scr" or something similar.
- On most keyboards, the Print Screen key is usually found between F12 and Scroll ⇩.
- On laptop keyboards, you may have to press the Fn or "Function" key to access "Print Screen".
- Paste the screenshot into Paint
Once you’ve made the screenshot, you will need to paste it to a program in order to see it. Paint is the easiest program to use for this.
- Open Paint from the Accessories section in your Start menu. With a new blank canvas open, press Ctrl + V to paste the image onto the canvas. You can also open the Edit menu and select Paste, or right-click on the canvas and select Paste.
- Perform any edits you want, such as cropping the image.
- Click File, then Save to set the name and file type of the image. The most common file types are JPG and PNG. The recommended format for screenshots is PNG, due to the high quality and small file size.
- Upload image to your favourite image sharing website. Options include:
- Paste link to image in your private message
For discussion of The AstroFlux Forums
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest