For discussion of The AstroFlux Forums
#65477 by Draconis Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:24 pm
Yeah I get that, question is why. The test server is unavailable unless the devs allow normal accounts to have access, which leaves us stuck loading if we don't. So what's the point in hiding these instructions since they're useless until devs(which they currently have) give us access to it.

#65501 by Draconis Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:40 am
DaGGerz wrote:I'll move it into hints and tips for the time being

Am I bonkers or something? The instructions were already public, this particular post was hidden for absolutely no reason. You give instructions in another post on how to use flash projector, the only difference for the test server is that you have to change the preload.swf part to whatever the current test server is, which is generally astroflux.net/test4

Having trouble wrapping my head around the logic of hiding this post.

#65508 by TheSorrow Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:40 am
What my question is...
Why would they shut the test server down for normal players? I feel like the more players who access it, the more feedback and easier time the devs will have. As of now, only the mods and devs can access the server, and I know a fair amount of mods who don't even bother with that...so why not have open testing?

Shade
#65545 by Draconis Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:44 pm
TheSorrow wrote:What my question is...
Why would they shut the test server down for normal players? I feel like the more players who access it, the more feedback and easier time the devs will have. As of now, only the mods and devs can access the server, and I know a fair amount of mods who don't even bother with that...so why not have open testing?

Because when it's that kinda of testing, the type you're referring to, the devs have the possibility of horribly breaking something. Like that time pvp matches were giving level 600+ artifacts, little easier to fix if it's just 5 people to clean up.

DaGGerz wrote:It was moved to not give any players confusion when test server was closed down. Saves a lot of "how do I get on test server" posts.

Rather than an entire post about it, maybe just add the part about switching the preload.swf to the test version in the original flash projector post. With a note about how that's only useful if the test server is public.

#65562 by Bellatrix Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:30 am
Draconis wrote:Because when it's that kinda of testing, the type you're referring to, the devs have the possibility of horribly breaking something. Like that time pvp matches were giving level 600+ artifacts, little easier to fix if it's just 5 people to clean up.

Clean up? Who said they clean up? :)

Bellatrix, the shining star of Astroflux
#65572 by Bellatrix Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:24 pm
DoucheBagDmitry wrote:^ and that is how conspiracy theories start lol :lol:

Now I just need to delete my own reply and act like nothing ever happened :)

Bellatrix, the shining star of Astroflux