For discussion of The AstroFlux Forums
#65316 by TheScrub Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:34 pm
Now my title might be a bit misleading. I don't mean one player can lock topics, I think that you should be able to vote to lock a thread, and after a certain amount of time after the topic is posted the vote will close and the topic will be locked or stay as is.

Let mme know what you think!

Our determination is based on our will to survive.

Never.
Give.
Up.
#65322 by TheScythe Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:11 am
So that just creates a second thread that may or may not even result in locking the first thread?

Please explain - i can't see any good reason to make this worthwhile

TheDepraved
#65343 by TheCen Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:32 pm
The only thing I can think of is instead of having a vote.. any thread that hasn't had a reply in an arbitrary amount of time; gets locked. For too many times do we see a necrobump and we don't even realize it's a necrobump until we have invested our time into it. Not, that this is a huge issue. And of course we could ask that a thread be unlocked (is that a thing)... if we have something relevant to add to a thread.

I might be missing the point completely. Do tell me if I am.. I was just thinking of ways to stop necrobumping.. ... ...

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#65384 by Bellatrix Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:02 am
But is the point that you should be able to revive an old thread if your reply is relevant to it it's content?

E.g. about crew training after latest balance updates?

Bellatrix, the shining star of Astroflux
#65422 by TheCen Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:20 pm
Bellatrix wrote:But is the point that you should be able to revive an old thread if your reply is relevant to it it's content?

I agree that you should be able to revive an old thread for that reason. What we see a lot though is that someone new shows up and they will just either agree with it and put +1 or something similar. How many times has that happened? A lot. That does nothing for no one.

It's a weird thing because many of us have been around for 2+ years and have read a lot of this forum. I don't think there is a best solution to this problem.

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#65450 by Bellatrix Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:22 pm
TheCen wrote:
Bellatrix wrote:But is the point that you should be able to revive an old thread if your reply is relevant to it it's content?

I agree that you should be able to revive an old thread for that reason. What we see a lot though is that someone new shows up and they will just either agree with it and put +1 or something similar. How many times has that happened? A lot. That does nothing for no one.

It's a weird thing because many of us have been around for 2+ years and have read a lot of this forum. I don't think there is a best solution to this problem.

This should be mostly related to the suggestions part of the forums, and for that part I think the devs should either accept or reject ideas, that way the thread will die or live on. Just as they do with e.g. confirmed bugs, they could do a "to do" section and add the ideas they like to that section. For the rest of the forum I agree +1 give really nothing.

In my eyes, the forum is for communication, if you want a vote, make a pole. So, even if I do it myself sometimes, I would not "allow" +1 posts, but I don't decide that, just my personal point of view.

Bellatrix, the shining star of Astroflux