For discussion of The AstroFlux Forums
#51945 by GrayBeard Sun May 01, 2016 3:59 pm
Okay what the hell was that supreme ? So you delete countless hours worth of time of many players just because you can ?

This is unacceptable.

#51946 by RadiantStorm Sun May 01, 2016 4:06 pm
Cmon Pizza... The Player Reviews were a way to let people with little cash or flux which weps they should use to make sure they can get the most for their steel. To get rid of that saying "it limits creativity" is silly. Please bring them back...

Phorcys
#51957 by GrayBeard Sun May 01, 2016 4:27 pm
Can daggerz please revert his edits ? I didn't spend hours of typing and tweaking just for it to get deleted without even my consent, Creativity or not RS's point is still relevant, When i first started those player reviews greatly helped me know what to use and what not to use so why delete it ?

#51961 by TheScythe Sun May 01, 2016 4:48 pm
Both me and dag agree that opinions don't belong on these wiki pages, but I'd request pizza to add any useful info or data contained within the player reviews into the main body of the page.

Data recommended, clear and detailed description welcome, opinions and personal thoughts not.
Allowing opinions opens the door to conflicting statements, something definitely shouldn't be there. Undisputed fact shall be the core of the wiki.

TheDepraved
#51969 by GrayBeard Sun May 01, 2016 5:12 pm
How about telling me that BEFORE i spent all the time typing and typing those things ?

But nooo tell me and delete it after i did all of it, So now how can i be considered a winner i 90% of all my work was deleted ?

#51995 by Denito Sun May 01, 2016 10:02 pm
:( Hmmmm :( Congrats Guys I have been editing the wiki too before the contest :( I guess I started too early :(

Trained By: The Supreme
Educated By: TheScythe, The Cen, DaGGerz, traf and Greg
General '-' of The Antor Federation
Future Mod and Master Pilot

Join The AF Communities Discord
https://discord.gg/sXSYF9k
#52070 by DaGGerz Mon May 02, 2016 1:00 pm
Put all weapon reviews here:

http://astroflux.org/wiki/index.php?tit ... Weapons%29

Pizza, I didn't ask you to delete all those. That was a bit excessive, should have made a new page and moved them there instead.

Remember guys, the wiki is not for your opinions. It's for accurate and concise information and opinions do not fall under this category.

#52078 by VenomStorm Mon May 02, 2016 1:42 pm
I always wrote my player reviews to be accurate and describe the weapon in detail, something that isn't done. For example, what if I'm a new player and I think Void Tentacles is like lightning gun and just fires constantly at the enemy? I wouldn't know that it's actually a burst damage. Also, what if I'm using Acid Spores? It seems a bit slow but I can't confirm with anyone, so since nobody else uses it I won't risk the resources.

See what I mean? It limits creativity to have biased reviews, but it also limits creativity to have no reviews.
I highly doubt many people will see the weapon reviews page unless they are directed there.

The darkness is my friend...
I Am :
Venom T. Danger Cheap Storm!

Also known as TheStorm.
I have the ability to design ships.
|Crynossan Valiant | RazorBlade|
#52087 by RadiantStorm Mon May 02, 2016 2:50 pm
I know that the few that I did were meant to help a low level who doesn't have the fluxies to reset constantly to try out the best. It was meant as a forewarning on which will help you the most. And as for creativity, none of them suggested any builds. It gave a wep or two that would work well, Ex. Scatter Shell and Infested Missiles. Second I tried my best to keep bias out

Phorcys
#52092 by DaGGerz Mon May 02, 2016 3:45 pm
To add, you fill in this template. the background alternates so if the last entry starts with | style then put your entry as

| [[File:Weapon Image.png|link=Wep Name]] [[Wep Name]]
| description
|-

otherwise do this
| style="background-color: #efefef;" width="15%" | [[file:Weapon Image.png|link=Wep Name]] [[Wep Name]]
| style="background-color: #efefef;" | description
|-

and then alternate again and again.

#52231 by BrianN Tue May 03, 2016 7:35 pm
For those of you who arent aware of it, Supreme has been taking over this game and making it his personal play pen for a couple months now. He has sought to trade artifacts for flux; this is completely against the TermsOfService, yet no punishment. He often uses exploits to gain an advantage on others. He made a second account, got all of his flux transferred to that account, then got it transferred back to his first account; the same can not be said for the rest of us. He messes with the wiki because he thinks/knows he can get away with it.
He is part of TheDepraved, all of them have names of TheS______ although there are those that have copied them so not all the people named like this are a part of TheDepraved. While having only about 12 members, they have multiple moderators which has caused consternation. They regularly use their moderator abilities to gain an advantage on the rest of us. Many of these things have caused trouble for the other moderators most of whom wish that it would stop but cannot come out and say so.
Reams of evidence of the above have been presented to the Developers of AF and there has been no action as of yet other than a general denial from Magnus.
You may have noticed at times large battles being waged over the last couple of days...it is an alliance of many of the top clans trying to take back the game from these few people.
Most of you cannot voice your opinion with your guns, so it is up to you to make your opinion heard here...but know that an alliance of a great number of the top players is fighting for a free and fair AF.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke