For discussion of The AstroFlux Forums
#68786 by bolbi Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:51 pm
So since I'm going through the News & Announcements section of the forums thought some of these were just funny/Interesting (they may just be coincidences on some of them mainly the one about traf's graphics problems)

Tef wrote:Last night I was on a coding frenzy and thought that enemies with special attributes would be a cool thing.

Enemy Attacker:
2x dmg
red aura

Enemy Defender:
2x hp, 2x shield hp
blue aura

Enemy Speeder:
1.5x speed
orange trail

All these give 2x XP, higher level and more loot.

Enjoy!

http://forum.astroflux.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=589#p2739
So is that what they’re officially called :lol:

Tef wrote:Hey all!

I just implemented a neat little feature.
If you kill an enemy sort for the first time you will recieve 2x XP bonus, regardless of your own level.
You will also unlock the enemy portrait in the Alien Encounters view.

Happy gaming.

http://forum.astroflux.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=592#p2756
:shock: so is that how it originally worked.

Tef wrote:This evening I found a nasty memory leak, it was the chat log that unfortunately created loads of textures on the GPU. It has been fixed now and the performance should be significantly better, this also applies to the map, warp gate and explore views.

Let me know if you can notice any difference or if its the same as before.

http://forum.astroflux.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=601#p2832
Sounds like traf's problem :shock:

Tef wrote:Rare Mobs:

- Rare mobs spawn less often in low level systems.
- Added legendary mob (green aura) (drops might have to be higher for this one) (veeery rare)

Drop Rate Changes:

- Crates drop less from regular mobs.
- Crates drop less in low level systems.

*Bosses are not affected by these changes.

Gl hf!

http://forum.astroflux.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=606#p2873
Greenies are Legendary :shock:

Magnus wrote:The long awaited clans update is here!

Everyone above level 8 can create and join clans. The clan internal ranking is based on "A Trophies" (or Troons as we call them!). The top clan ranking is based on more than that. The algorithm includes:

- trophies
- internal clan ranking (top players contribute to the clan points more)
- activity (not playing for a while decreases your contribution of trophies to the clan)
- player level

To keep the amount of clans under control, there is a cost to create and become a leader over a new clan. Joining and participating in clans though is completely free.

Have funsies!

This update also fixes some drop bugs, a player list update with bug fixes and visual improvements.

http://forum.astroflux.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=693#p3387
So is that why sometimes my clanmates can have close to the same troon count but have a much different troon count on the clan screen versus the “player screen” :o

Stopped on 11th page of “News & Announcements” section. (for me to remember where I left off :D )
Last edited by bolbi on Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#68798 by traf Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:29 am
Oh come on, read the rest of it. Go on . . . you might find discussions of how chrono works :)

(No seriously, that's how I picked it up so fast)

I have an open door policy. Please feel free to private message me!

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#68812 by bolbi Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:18 pm
I know I'll be going through the rest of it, just taking a break it is a lot to read all at once :)
#68818 by traf Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:53 pm
Nuuuuu . . . You have to let yourself sink into the sinkhole of reading :lol:

I have an open door policy. Please feel free to private message me!

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#68821 by bolbi Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:19 pm
:lol: we'll see I've got more than just that to do IRL so, I'm just trying to take it a little at a time :D
#68852 by Bellatrix Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:19 am
bolbi wrote:Ok just ran into this
Magnus wrote:Yes you also get the flux spent on upgrades back when resetting.

http://forum.astroflux.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=835#p4395
:o Really?!?! That’s a thing?!?! I never knew this, please tell me it still is.

As far as I know you get back Flux and resources spent when reseting, otherwise you could "buy" resources with cash/Flux.

Bellatrix, the shinning star of Astroflux
#68859 by TheScythe Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:09 pm
Yes it always was like this.
When I have spare flux that Im not spending i often put it into upgrades, let's me spend beyond my means. Then I get it back next time.

TheDepraved
#68861 by TheCen Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:20 pm
Just don't spend it in the Pirate Bay. You do not get that back.

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#68864 by bolbi Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:52 pm
Yeah it makes sense that if you spent flux on upgrades you'd get it back, cause as you said Bella, it would allow people to buy resources with flux in essence. I've just never even considered that it would work like that, also it might be helpful to put something like "returns all Flux and resources spent on upgrades" or something to that effect on the reset pop up thing. As it would most likely promote more flux buying, which is always a plus for the devs. The only downside I see is possibly getting more people who are upgrading with flux only and then they have no idea how to farm, which could also be a problem. Kinda just thinking aloud at this point. Maybe I'll make a post in suggestions for it if no one says anything against it. :)

Also, just to make sure, this is in the correct section, right? I wasn't sure when making it if I should maybe put it in off topic, but as I was just pointing out old forum posts, and is still talking about astrflux, I put it in the section for forum related stuff.
#68868 by TheCen Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:52 pm
I believe when you reset and you've spent flux on upgrades it does tell you how much you get back. It's listed with all the other resources. If you didn't spend flux it won't be listed.

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#68876 by bolbi Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:11 am
Ok I was just saying, make it so that one would know about getting the flux back before having spent it, that way someone who is cheap and/or cautious, like me :mrgreen: , would know that you'll get the flux back before having spent the flux. And as I've not done this I had no idea of that being a thing.