Post what you've discovered, guides, hints & tips
#20423 by dmat3889 Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:59 am
Elite Upgrade Types

Add Damage Specific: These upgrades specify the type of damage they add. They Upgrade Linearly where each upgrade is the same amount. They will either add flat or percent based damage. These additions are applied to the weapons base damage. The flat damage should be self explanatory as to its benefits. The percent damage tends to be based off an arbitrary number which I haven't figured out yet.

Best Uses: As the benefits usually tend to be small and of a different type damage than your artifact give, its best to use these with weapons that take advantage of all damage arts by making this upgrade a new damage type your weapon did not have.

Note: some people are experiencing bugs were percent type damage upgrades do not work on weapons where the damage added was not a type already present on the weapon. Recommended to test at level 1 to see if the damage type is added before upgrading.

Add Damage Over Time Specific: These upgrades specify the type of damage they add. They Upgrade Linearly where each upgrade is the same amount. They will add percent based damage over varying amounts of time. These additions are applied to the weapons base damage. The percent damage tends to be based off an arbitrary number which I haven't figured out yet. There are 2 types of DOT, Burn and Normal.

Normal gives the total damage done over the time with constant damage being done the entire time. These do not stack.

Burn types damages list the max damage it will do on the first hit and each subsequent hit is less. There have been a few cases where damage done has been higher than the listed amount but these do not appear to stack either. I'm not sure yet on the matter.

Best uses: outside of beamer and piraya, I haven't seen any potential uses for this upgrade type. Testing the damage on these is advisable before using them. upgrading to lvl 10 tends to work as a good base point for these as the first level tends to overcompensate making the benefit seem overly good.

Reduce Resistance: These Upgrades reduce a targets resistance to certain damage types. They do not stack with multiple hits.

Best Uses: the only good use so far is increasing the debuff on infested missile or adding a debuff to a weapon where enemies would already have 100% resistance to it.

Best Debuffers: Kinetic -65% from Infested Missile, Corrosive -50% from Nuke, Energy -40% from pierce gun

Reduce Damage: This Upgrade Reduces the damage done by enemies. The effects do not stack from multiple shots.

Best Uses: Upgrading this on Concussion Spheres can result in a 60% damage loss.

Reduce Armor: These upgrades reduce an enemies based on damage done. Whether this amount is by actual damage done or damage listed for the weapon is unknown. Whether this stacks is still under debate.

recommended to use razor or heavy cannon if you want to reduce armor.

Add Projectile: These Upgrades work by adding additional shots to weapons while possibly lowering the individual shot damage. These do not upgrade in a linear fashion and are instead staggered a number of times depending on the shots the weapon has. The added shot count does not add additional power requirements. Depending on the number of projectiles a weapon has, the weapon will add them differently.

If the weapon only has 1 projectile at the start, It will gain another at level 1. It will gain a 2nd additional projectile at level 50 and stay with 3 total projectiles all the way through level 100.

If the weapon has more than 1 projectile at the start, Its total projectiles will be doubled by level 100. These projectiles will come at regular intervals based on the amount it stands to gain. example: a weapon with 4 projectiles will gain 4 projectiles, 1 at every 25 levels.

The Percent loss per shot is not accurate a majority of the time as the amounts listed do show negative numbers. Contrary to the description, most weapons will actually gain damage up until the point they gain a projectile, then the number show will most likely be correct as the to damage lost. That number will start to decrease as you level up the upgrade until the point it appears to pass 0 and starts increasing. That means the number is actually a negative which isnt displayed right and indicates you are gaining damage instead of losing it.

How these weapons fires also varies. If the weapon only shot straight forward then the additional shots will only fire straight forward. If the weapon had a spread, The the spread angle is usually doubled with the additional shots. Certain weapons have a very minimal spread so this effect will be barely noticed while others have a wide spread and the added shots will go further around the ship. The Locust weapon was a perfect example of this as its final upgraded created an almost 360 degree firing ring.

This upgrade tends to give the biggest overall dps gain of all upgrade types. It tends to suffer as many projectiles dont hit the target though.

Rate of Fire: This upgrade increases the base rate of fire of a weapon. It does not work like artifacts or ship bonuses and doesnt not count towards the 75% cap. It only increases the rate of fire and as such will speed up your power usage. The rof percent gained should appear as a direct addition to your fire rate as the effects from artifacts and ship bonus apply to this upgrade.

Best uses: Sticki bombs, and weapons that can maintain infinite power.

Reduce Power Use: This Upgrade reduces the power a weapon uses to fire. How this stacks with the power elite upgrade to reduce power is not known. It does not stack with the power reduction from rate of fire artifacts. the effects these are multiplicative. Example: 1 minus 1/2 from upgrades and 1/2 from rate of fire are 1/4 and not 0.

Best uses: Combined with High Rof Builds, its possible to attain infinite power with certain weapons.

Add Damage Generic: This upgrade boosts the hit damage from weapons. It applies to all damage types your weapon may have. The effects of this weapon should be a direct increase to your current damage proportional to the percent gained from the upgrade.

Best Uses: For weapons that give most damage from its hit and not DOT, This can be a good upgrade over adding rate of fire to increase damage without increasing power usage. This can also be beneficial for weapons that are having troubles with armor.

Add Damage Over Time Generic: This upgrade boost the Damage over Time from weapons only. It applies to all damage types your weapon may have. The effects of this weapon should be a direct increase to your current damage proportional to the percent gained from the upgrade.

Best Uses: For weapons that rely on most dot for damage, this can be a good upgrade over adding rate of fire to increase damage without increasing power usage. This can also be beneficial for weapons that are having troubles with armor.

Disable Regen: This upgrade stops enemies shield regen for a set period of time.

Best Use: Combining stop regen with sonic missile can create an all in one weapon that stops enemies from recovering health.

Disable Healing: This upgrade prevent enemies from gaining health through weapons for a set period of time. A good example of weapons affected by this is Siphon or Death Cloud. This is different from disable regen in that you can actively see the healing amounts above an enemy.

Add Range: This upgrade is pretty straight forward, it adds the listed amount range to your weapon's range.

Increase Hit Count: This upgrade increases the number of enemies a weapon can hit. This upgrade so far is only applied to weapons that hit enemies one after another instead of all at once. Of the weapons that have this upgrade, 3 do not work right already, 1 is almost near impossible to max out its current hits, and the last 2 take more than 2 enemies to take advantage of. Its recommended to not use this upgrade due the inability to take advantage of it.

Increase Area Of Effect: This Upgrade increases the range of splash effects from your weapons. Most upgrades refer to units which should literally be treated as pixels. That means most of these upgrades add very little to the weapon its being used with. Outside of M2 missiles and sticki bombs, the upgrades to this may not be seen as it is very small.

Weapon Speed: Need to further test

Velocity & Guidance: Need to further test

Health Leech, Shield Leech, Combination Leech: These upgrade heal both Shield and/or health based on a percent of the damage you deal. This upgrade can be negated via weapons or enemies that can disable healing. The combination Leech tends to gain less total health and shield than the individual counterparts.

For now I'll give you a chart of the elite upgrades at level 100 for most weapons.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11cUMQoMnjreXFisVkxriiegySynolFqMxugeXnaac88/edit#gid=0
Last edited by dmat3889 on Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:24 am, edited 11 times in total.

History is just like an endless waltz: the first three beats of War, Peace and Revolution continue on forever.
#20435 by Nightsky Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:46 am
Thank you so much for that. :) great work, respect bro.

Can I advertise my game in this forum? Others are allowed as well!
#20448 by minhbi99 Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:56 pm
Wow, so this is what ppl do after they reach lvl 120 (Joking). Anyway if possible, mind if ask your permission to deliver this into Zerohp's Elite Tech page on the wiki in the future ? Here's the Elite Tech page on wiki:
http://astroflux.org/wiki/index.php?title=Elite_Tech

IGN: Street
Level 103
Clan : Helpers I
Rank in Clan: Admiral
Current Job: Wiki Contributor
#20449 by dmat3889 Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:08 pm
Id talk with zerohp about adding it. He was the one who setup the info already there. I know he said wiki has some issues displaying tables with lots of columns like mine so that might become a problem.

feel free to use it though.

If you guys haven any specific question about something, ill try to answer best I can.

History is just like an endless waltz: the first three beats of War, Peace and Revolution continue on forever.
#20456 by Avyctes Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:10 pm
I have a question about the armor debuff upgrade. I was looking at gatling laser, which has this as an option. Now you say that this debuff stacks and the laser has a rate of fire of 60/second and at level 100 you get 5% of damage as the debuff, which basically means you can stack thousands of reduction points in the blink of an eye. Is that how it works or am I dreaming? I'm a bit reluctant to spend 4 million steel to find out.

Quit playing 12/12/14 I can't keep waiting for balance, it will never happen with these guys.
#20457 by dmat3889 Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:37 pm
i really dont know about armor, Testing it is rather hard in the first place as you cant see the end results on enemies. Its one of the few upgrades I really need the devs to chime in on.

Unless I can get someone to just willingly sit there while i shoot them up over and over, Testing on players is fairly hard too.

#20462 by minhbi99 Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:00 pm
Armor debuff can't be stacked. 5% of weapon's damage here, I'm not sure if it's based on total DPS on per shot.

IGN: Street
Level 103
Clan : Helpers I
Rank in Clan: Admiral
Current Job: Wiki Contributor
#21327 by Avyctes Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:47 pm
Something I've been looking but can't find an answer to: if you go the extra projectiles way, does each new projectile add another DoT tick if the weapon is stacking? Thinking about Plasma Gun, Acid Blaster and such.

Quit playing 12/12/14 I can't keep waiting for balance, it will never happen with these guys.
#21329 by DaGGerz Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:55 pm
Avyctes wrote:Something I've been looking but can't find an answer to: if you go the extra projectiles way, does each new projectile add another DoT tick if the weapon is stacking? Thinking about Plasma Gun, Acid Blaster and such.

Yes..I believe so.

#21360 by Avyctes Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:21 pm
Forgot to ask, in that case does the DoT suffer the damage penalty that the projectiles get?