Post what you've discovered, guides, hints & tips
#72407 by TheSupreme Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:35 pm
Greetings, just thought I'd leave this here since a lot of you here have issues with your latency.

This does not affect ping, It only affects how fast your computer handles packets.

The method here involves Regedit.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DO THIS IF YOU'RE NOT GOOD AT COMPUTERS. THIS METHOD REQUIRES EDITING REGISTRY FILES, WHICH ARE CRUCIAL FOR WINDOWS TO WORK. IF YOU MESS UP YOUR PC CAN BE DAMAGED.

This process generally requires more CPU usage than normal, so it's recommended that you have a decent processor on your computer.

•1. Open the Run tool(Windows key + R), type "regedit" and click `run`.
•2. Go to this path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces
•3. For each folders under "Interfaces", create two new registry keys called "TcpAckFrequency" and "TCPNoDelay" (Right click on an empty space, go to "New" and select DWORD (32-bit) Value)
•4. Right click them, and change both keys value to 1 on an hexadecimal base. (VERY IMPORTANT)

•5. Make sure you see this in each folder:

•7. Restart your computer for registry changes to apply. Double check your changes, make sure they are correct!

To undo this change, just delete all the "TcpAckFrequency" and "TCPNoDelay" keys from those folders.

Again,
DO NOT DO THIS UNLESS YOU ABSOLUTELY KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING.

Discord ID
TheSupreme#4703
#72413 by hugojmaia Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:03 pm
First time I heard about this was on a hybrid between gaming and coding forum.
A guy posted a program that automatically sets the registry files and some other things.
I have used it solely on blind trust, haven't noticed any weird behavior after activating it.
Here's the link: http://bit.ly/1crnmti

A couple warning before you just go and use it:
a) I did not make this program and thus I am completely unable of providing support should something go wrong.
b) And the usual use at your own risk.

Aparently this was coded based on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagle%27s_algorithm