Post what you've discovered, guides, hints & tips
#71606 by declan_winter Tue May 30, 2017 3:53 am
Astroflux is a Free to Play M.M.O. As such, plenty of farming is required to advance- this particular guide will go over the four basic resources; Steel, Plasma Fluids, Hydrogen Crystals, and Iridium, as well as where to farm them.

There are many things to consider when farming, and three main farming spot types to choose from. Each of these farming types has one main limitation.

The first of those is hunting which is merely running around killing enemies/spawners as fast as possible; it's limited by how fast you can get from spawner to spawner (something to consider here is that the built in, unbreakable Astroflux speed limit is 650%, no matter what you do, everything evens to around that point.)

Secondly, there's camping, which involves staying close to the same place and repeatedly killing an enemy or group of enemies. The main limitation here is how fast the enemy respawns.

Last is systematic, which involves a specific farming pattern and is usually a combination of hunting and camping. It can share both limitations.

Please note that this guide assumes you can instantly/near instantly annihilate enemies on the guide, unless otherwise specified. If you can't, please consider to moving on to a lower leveled farming spot listed in the guide.

Steel farming:

Level 1-20- Durian (hunting, main system, cargo.):
Simply go from spawner to spawner, circling the spawners until the enemies are grouped up behind you, then turn and annihilate them all. Collect the neatly gathered scrap, recycle when your cargo bay is half-full, rinse, repeat.
Estimated Steel/hour: 40K

Level 1-> Domination/Death Match PvP.
PvP!
Estimated Steel/hour: 100-250K

Level 10-30- Rotator (camping, Kapello boss, spawn point 332, 555, crate)
Go to Rotator's spawn point, camp it there.
Estimated Steel/hour: 70K

Level 20-30- Ossakel (camping, Kritillian, spawn point 215, -143, crate.):
Fly back and forth between the two large Withered Roots in-between the northern elite zone and the main system. Once you find Ossakel, kill him, find his spawn point, and camp him there. Recycle artifacts after every kill.
Estimated Steel/hour: 60K

Level 20-60- Scrap Collector/Graven (systematic, Arrenius, Abandoned Scrapyard/Graven, crate/cargo.):
Go to the Abandoned Scrap Yard in the Arrenius Elite Zone, and camp it. You can kill the elite enemies at Graven while waiting for the next spawn. Recycle artifacts and cargo after every Graven kill.
Estimated Steel/hour: 60K

Level 25-60- Drak (camping, Hozar, spawn point -188, -188, crate.):
Fly to -188, 188, and camp Drak.
Estimated Steel/hour: 110K

Level 30-50- (hunting, Mitrillion left elite zone, without Dread Queen, crate/cargo.):
Fly around the outer section of the elite zone, kill Algae and Dread Moths.
Estimated Steel/hour: 300K

Level 30-60- Dmat 90's- (camping, Kritillian, Mikus, crate.):
Camp Dmat 90's at Mikus in Kritillian.
Estimated Steel/hour: 220K

Level 50-65- Spy-1's (camping, Zergillin, Glictan, crate.):
Go to Glictan in Zergillin, camp Spy-1's.
Estimated Steel/hour: 170K

Level 50-100- Mother Brain (camping, Neurona boss, spawn point 480, 0, crate.):
Camp Mother Brain's spawn point.
Estimated Steel/hour: 290K

Level 60-100- Advectorian (camping, Sarkinon boss, spwn point 116, 377, crate.):
Sit on Vlardenon, camp Advectorian.
Estimated Steel/hour: 610K

Level 65-> (systematic, Mitrillion left elite zone, with Dread Queen, crate/cargo.):
Sit in the exact center of the elite zone, make sure the moth spawner stays dead, kill the Dreadqueen spawner after each Dreadqueen spawn, kill the Dread Algae as they come to you.
Estimated Steel/hour: 1000K

Level 85-110- Fanatic Tank (camping, Vibrillian, spawn point 266, 33, crate.):
Find it by waiting at the recycle station,
Estimated Steel/hour: 360K

Level 110-> The Cleaner (camping, Cynapsian spawn point 1300, 111, crate.):
Go to the lowest southeastern section of Cynapsian, camp The Cleaner there.
Estimated Steel/hour: 350K

Level 110-> Regius Exterminatore (camping, Fulzar, Mazim, crate/cargo.):
Camp Regius Exterminatore at Mazim.
Estimated Steel/hour: 380K

Level 110-> Sidus's (systematic, Fulzar, Ur and Ymer, crate.)
Fly between Ur and Ymer, killing Sidus's.
Estimated Steel/hour: 350K

Level 110-> Executor (systematic, Fulzar boss, crate.):
Drag Executor between the two spawners all the way north and slightly west of the center of the Aureus system's center, and kill it. Calculations assume 5 minutes total per-kill.
Estimated Steel/hour: 410K

Hydrogen Crystal farming:

Level 1-10- Durian (hunting, Durian, main system, cargo.):
Simply go from spawner to spawner, circling the spawners until the enemies are grouped up behind you, then turn and annihilate them all. Collect the neatly gathered scrap, recycle when your cargo bay is half-full, rinse, repeat.
Estimated Hydrogen Crystals/hour: 5K

PvP!
Estimated Hydrogen Crystals/hour: 40-160K

Level 10-30- Mandrom (hunting, Arrenius boss, crate.):
Seek out and kill Mandrom repeatedly.
Estimated Hydrogen Crystals/hour: 5K

Level 65-115- (systematic, Mitrillion left elite zone, cargo.):
Sit in the exact center of the elite zone, make sure the moth spawner stays dead, kill the Dreadqueen spawner after each Dreadqueen spawn, kill the Dread Algae after a large cluster gathers around you.
Estimated Hydrogen Crystals/hour:

Level 115-> Admiral Zhersis (camping, Vorsran, cargo.):
Find and kill Admiral Zhersis, then camp her at the black hole.
Estimated Hydrogen Crystals/hour: 325K

Plasma Fluid farming:

PvP!
Estimated Plasma Fluids/hour: 20-200K

Level 10-15- Moth Queen (camping, Zergillin, spawn point 0, 0, crate/cargo.):
Camp the Moth Queen at it's spawn point.
Estimated Plasma Fluids/hour: 5K

Level 30-> Moth Alphas (camping, Hozar, spawner directly above the one straight to the left of the safe zone, cargo.):
Camp the Moth Alpha's spawning from that spawner, don't kill the spawner, refresh system after it stops spawning.

Level 105-110- Bionic Queens (systematic, Fulzar, three east/southeasternmost spawners, crate/cargo.):
Fly between those three spawners, recycle artifacts after every two kills.

Level 110-> Regius Exterminatore (camping, Fulzar, Mazim, crate/cargo.):
Camp Regius Exterminatore at Mazim.
Estimated Plasma Fluids/hour: 30K

Level 110-> Executor (systematic, Fulzar boss, crate.):
Drag Executor between the two spawners all the way north and slightly west of the center of the Aureus system's center, and kill it. Calculations assume 4 minutes total per-kill.
Estimated Plasma Fluids/hour: 55K

Level 115-> Admiral Zhersis (camping, Vorsran, spawn point 0, 0, cargo.):
Find and kill Admiral Zhersis, then camp her at the black hole.
Estimated Plasma Fluids/hour: 325K

Iridium farming:

PvP!
Estimated Iridium/hour: 20-100K

Level 10-25- Carnea/Elata (systematic, Kritillian, cargo.):
Fly between Carnea and Elata, gathering the enemies into a group around you, then killing everything there.
Estimated Iridium/hour: 5K

Level 15-25- Polueno (camping, Zergillin, cargo.):
Sit at Polueno and camp the Macrophages that spawn there. Be sure to let them all spawn before killing the spawners.

Level 25-50- Zada/Tufir/Withered Roots (systematic, Zergillin, cargo.):
Fly between Zada, Tufir, and the innermost Withered Roots next to them, gathering the mobs that spawn there into a group around you and collecting the loot.

Level 50-> Motherbrain (camping, Neurona boss, spawn point 480, 0, crate.):
Camp Mother Brains spawn point.
Estimated Iridium/hour: 75K

Level 110-130- Sidus's (systematic, Fulzar, Ur and Ymer, crate.)
Fly between Ur and Ymer, killing Sidus's.
Estimated Iridium/hour: 45K

Level 110-> Experimental Macrophages (systematic, Sarkinon, Experimental Research Station, cargo.):
Don't kill the spawner, kill all the macrophages that spawn, gather the Iridium. Calculations assume 1 second/kill.
Estimated Iridium/hour: 150K

Level 110-> The Cleaner (camping, Cynapsian spawn point 1300, 111, crate.):
Go to the lowest southeastern section of Cynapsian, camp The Cleaner there.
Estimated Iridium/hour: 65K

*Please note, Steel/hour is rounded to the nearest 10K, and other resources are rounded to the nearest 5K.

Hope y'all enjoyed and didn't get overwhelmed by the wall of text as always! Pt. 2 will be on artifact farming, so stay tuned!
Last edited by declan_winter on Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Show respect even to people who don't deserve it, not as a reflection of their character, but a reflection of yours :)
#71690 by traf Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:28 am
How did you estimate these? I'm unclear as to how accurate this is.

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#71693 by Bellatrix Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:09 am
I can just add, while waiting for exe to be killed, kill judi,sidius, recycle arts and repeat, I get almost 1 mil per hour in steel

Alot of the other resources as well.

Bellatrix, the shining star of Astroflux
#71697 by declan_winter Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:34 pm
As to how I estimated these, well, I went and farmed those places, (not in clan instance). My clans mates helped me to farm some of the spots and tell me the numbers (those guys are the coolest!). After farming them enough to establish clear upper/lower limits on drops, calculating the average, calculating the specifics (E.G. Mother Brain drops several gold crates, some with Steel, some with Iridium, and I kept track of how many of each their were and how much Steel/Iridium their were in them respectively.) I did this for multiple-crate bosses, and for non-guaranteed drop crate drop enemies like Bionic Queens... I just farmed lots and lots of those. I still have nightmares!!! ;)

Other than that, for cargo drops, I just went and farmed there myself and did similar things mentioned above with the enemies cargo drops, not usually they artifacts they drop since those are nigh-incalculable.

I also didn't include dual/triple/quadruple-farming spots in the guide, Bella, since anyone with a mind can see that "oh, look, Regius and Bionic Queens are in these same systems." That, and it would take up too much guide space. I may, however add an addendum listing a few of the particularly good ones.

Show respect even to people who don't deserve it, not as a reflection of their character, but a reflection of yours :)