Post what you've discovered, guides, hints & tips
#70937 by Korund Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:49 am
This shall become a compendium of the currently (04/2017) strongest elite techs for each weapon.

I will start with the ones i currently use:

Kinetic Phase Blade
- direct damage (+75%)

Infested Missiles
- kinetic debuff (gets it up from 35 to 50%)

Void Tentacles
- energy debuff (gets it up from 35 to 50%)

Piercing Gun
- 2 additional projectiles (translates to 75% more damage when all 3 projectiles hit)

Target Pointer
- debuff health regen (for blob farming)

Corrosive Lighting
- attack speed (to get more hits on the enemy faster for a stronger dot)

Acid Blaster
- attack speed (see corrosive lighting )
- extra projectiles (also for faster dot stacking)

Hunter Killer Launcher
- none (used only for shield debuff - guidance and velocity seem to be useful though)

Mine Launcher
- burn damage (no real reasoning here)

Sticky Bombs
- attack speed (cause the explosion after three seconds is boosted by just having more bombs on the target at the time of the explosion)

Primatic Crystals
- extra projectiles (is a good mix of stacking damage and dps, improved DoT ET is just a little better for stacking DoT but has almost 1/2 the dps of projectiles)

Spike Strips
-extra projectiles (doubles the amount)

Beamer
-Energy Burn ET
(Finishes off target if it runs away)
- range (because much like PSG it makes it easier to keep the beam focused, and Direct damage and burn would come as close seconds depending on your playstyle)

Larva Lightning
-DD ET
(Higher DPS)

Lightning Gun
-Energy Burn ET
(See Beamer)

Plankton Siphon Gland
-RoF
-Energy dmg
(Higher dps means higher leech, energy dmg for energy flat builds)

Missile Launcher
-Extra Projectiles
(Way higher dps)

Railgun
-Extra Projectiles
-DD
(Higher dmg per shot)

Flame trail
-Higher DoT
(Only reason you would use Flame Trail is DoT. This is very good for it as it adds 100% more DoT)

Nexar Light Wave Generator
-DD
(Higher dps)

Plasma Gun
-DoT
-Extra Projectiles
(Extra Projectiles for some more dps and DoT, DoT et for way more DoT)

Expensive, Blue Smart Gun
-RoF
-DD
(Test for yourself. Those are to increase dps)

Electro Field
-DD
(Higher dmg per shot)

Shadow Flames
-DD
(Higher dps)

Locust Hatchery
-Extra Projectiles
-DoT
-RoF
(Test for yourself and what fits you more)

Piraya
-RoF
(Shoots faster Pirayas :))

Razors
-RoF
(Higher dps)

Astro Lance
-Extra Projectiles
(More lance more dmg)

Jaws
-RoF
(Higher dps)

Nuke Launcher
-Corrosive dmg
-Corrosive debuff
(Corrosive dmg if you wanna use it as a dmg dealer on Crystal and corrosive debuff so you can debuff corrosive resist in a corrosive setup)

I will expand this list with your comments. So please share your knowledge :)
Last edited by Korund on Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:56 pm, edited 6 times in total.
#70955 by bolbi Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:37 pm
Maybe put something in here like weapons that don't really have a specific "best" ET like mines I'd say Direct Damage or one of the burns (energy burn IMO cause you'd be boosting the direct damage as well if you use arts to boost the burn damage.) (Edit: projectiles ET can be good as well)

Weapons I've used (edit: by that I mean what I believe to be the single best ET for the weapons listed)

Sticky Bombs
- attack speed (cause the explosion after three seconds is boosted by just having more bombs on the target at the time of the explosion)

Primatic Crystals
- extra projectiles (is a good mix of stacking damage and dps, improved DoT ET is just a little better for stacking DoT but has almost 1/2 the dps of projectiles)
Last edited by bolbi on Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
#70989 by Dmitry Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:40 am
Usually if a weapon has both direct damage and RoF ET, the strongest will be the one opposite of what you're using. i.e. if you use RoF stats from arts and/or RoF power elite tech, you're best off using direct damage elite tech. If using mostly damage, you'd likely get more benefit from RoF ET. Of course this is not always the case, but generally is for weapons that are not stacking dot based.

And for Spike Strips - projectiles ET (doubles amount of spikes from 15 to 30, making for an extra deadly stomp)
#70994 by Draconis Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:46 am
Like bolbi said, not all weapons have a best ET. Painter was the first one i noticed you put that does not have a best ET, sure if you wanna use it to farm blobs that's fine but I use plasma blaster because in 1.5s it stacks 75 times. Most newer players aren't even close to ready for a blob fight and that ET might be best as shield debuff for them or maybe even rof to get a better stack faster. Definitely should list at least both hp and sh techs for something like painter, plasma blaster has a few good techs but the two i always find myself choosing would be armor or shield debuff.

For damage/rof choices just remember 50% rof tech is equal to 2x rps meaning it doubles your dps while 35% is equal to roughly 1.55x so a 55% increase in dps. Extra projectile techs that reduce damage by 12.5% is an overall gain of 75% dps, this is the most common as these techs usually double the projectiles with the exception being few like pierce gun which triples its projectile count. Also note reduce damage is of the base damage, so a weapon like prisms or locusts if you choose projectiles while using flat damage arts they are not really hurt at all by the reduced damage because those arts don't increase the base by any percent.

/ / /
#71001 by Neglectus Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:22 pm
Beamer
-Energy Burn ET
(Finishes off target if it runs away)

Larva Lightning
-DD ET
(Higher DPS)

Lightning Gun
-Energy Burn ET
(See Beamer)

Hahaha, funny memes
#71005 by bolbi Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:07 pm
Beamer is another one as I, and Drac now have stated before doesn't have a "best" ET, in my opinion. I'm currently using range tech, and that makes keeping the charge (like PSG) much easier when PvPing, also Direct Damage is pretty great on it cause the damage multiplies as it focuses, just like PSG or Phase Blade, burn was my next choice for a good ET on it but it doesn't make any difference if the beam is focused or not, and armor debuff can be useful on it as well. Basically I'd say in my opinion,

Beamer
- range (because much like PSG it makes it easier to keep the beam focused, and Direct damage and burn would come as close seconds depending on your playstyle)

p.s. @Supreme thank you for that wonderful wisdom, it's so useful :roll: (edit: after seeing the post below, I retract the sarcism from this statment.)
Last edited by bolbi on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
#71009 by Neglectus Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:31 pm
Plankton Siphon Gland
-RoF
-Energy dmg
(Higher dps means higher leech, energy dmg for energy flat builds)

Missile Launcher
-Extra Projectiles
(Way higher dps)

Railgun
-Extra Projectiles
-DD
(Higher dmg per shot)

Flame trail
-Higher DoT
(Only reason you would use Flame Trail is DoT. This is very good for it as it adds 100% more DoT)

Nexar Light Wave Generator
-DD
(Higher dps)

Plasma Gun
-DoT
-Extra Projectiles
(Extra Projectiles for some more dps and DoT, DoT et for way more DoT)

Expensive, Blue Smart Gun
-RoF
-DD
(Test for yourself. Those are to increase dps)

Electro Field
-DD
(Higher dmg per shot)

Shadow Flames
-DD
(Higher dps)

Locust Hatchery
-Extra Projectiles
-DoT
-RoF
(Test for yourself and what fits you more)

Piraya
-RoF
(Shoots faster Pirayas :))

Razors
-RoF
(Higher dps)

Astro Lance
-Extra Projectiles
(More lance more dmg)

Jaws
-RoF
(Higher dps)

Nuke Launcher
-Corrosive dmg
-Corrosive debuff
(Corrosive dmg if you wanna use it as a dmg dealer on Crystal and corrosive debuff so you can debuff corrosive resist in a corrosive setup)

Please sort this out after damage type so players don't have to seek 10h :D

Based on playstyle add Range et to Lightning Gun. Uncommon, but very good for some stuff in my opinion.

You misspelled mine launcher

Hahaha, funny memes
#71016 by PurpleVind Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:42 pm
On Light Wave Generator, I find I get more dps with extra projectiles et than DD et. I find the small loss of damage percent and debuffs percent is made up by hitting with more projectiles.
#71030 by bolbi Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:18 pm
For something like Blobs, DNs, or regius, where the only time you'll be shootung is when you're on top of them, projectiles gives slightly more dps, but as Nightmare said if you aren't on top of them you aren't getting the full dps cause not all projectiles are hitting. Also the debuff doesn't change actually that's just a visual glitch.
#71031 by Korund Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:58 pm
Added most of the replies.

I will sort the list in alphabetical order when i have some spare time for it. - probably not before the next weekend. ..

Thanks to all who help to put this info together!
#76834 by Grobson Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:46 pm
If you can get to blob arts, 500 flat is commonly a recycle.

What you want is an exceptional line of flat in an art, at a decent strength (100+).

If it's quality is not clear, you can find out if it's exceptional by upgrading. The more lines in an art, the less the upgrade per level of strength, but in a one liner it'll upgrade ith about 20-10 (basically like 14) per strength level (on first line). These values get lower the more lines you get and lower in the order. If it upgrades by like 2.1 in second line, it's not exceptional.

In combo arts it's more difficult. High strength superiors sometimes give like 500-600 on a second line. But that's pretty rare in my collection. Still, it can be pretty good. For instance, I kept like 320% shield with 420 flat corrosive. In that case, it's a great art.

What I usually do is compare if the art you have is as good as two other arts, if its values were doubled.
So if you have 75% kinetic and 455 flat, double it: 150% kinetic% and 910 flat.
That is pretty good on the kinetic%, but low on the flat - values over 1300 are common on a single blob level line. The difference is explained by the fact that the 455 line is superior or lower.
This method forces you to seek exceptionals and multiliners.

Still ,there are many ways that lead to Rome. Ipsi's score system (don't know where it is) is a good way to judge combo arts too.

Wrote a lot: Is this still on topic?

- probably already have better..but still fun,