Post what you've discovered, guides, hints & tips
#71220 by TheScythe Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:19 pm
Gatling laser used to have a particularly low limit, at the equivalent of 67% attackspeed. This was changed a few balance updates ago. Normally the caps are very high. For math zero gland for example, you would require 3400, 3900, 6800, 7900 (depending on techs) percent increased attack speed to hit the limit.

TheDepraved
#71229 by traf Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:27 pm
And that's why neutron gun in dom is so dangerous. It could be 20K dps or 200K dps, and you won't know until you hit it.

Ouch.

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#71237 by AC-Archangel Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:02 pm
Nerf noobtron, i have noticed a visual cap on plasma blaster(possibly its a rof cap havent extensively tested) whether ive got just 71% ias or 130% ias in arts on, number of onscreen bullets seems the same.

When the game dies remember to say sorry you didnt listen to me magnus.

http://rainmercs.freeforums.org/index.php
#71244 by Magenta Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:04 am
TheScythe wrote:Gatling laser used to have a particularly low limit, at the equivalent of 67% attackspeed. This was changed a few balance updates ago. Normally the caps are very high. For math zero gland for example, you would require 3400, 3900, 6800, 7900 (depending on techs) percent increased attack speed to hit the limit.

Where do you get these numbers from? Also is the percentage increase you mention the total increase from the base Lv0 weapon, or just the increase from arts?

Gattling laser is 20 rounds per second at lv0, so technically my total increase is (675-20)/20 x 100% = 3275%. So getting into the ball park if the figures you quote include all upgrades.
#71256 by TheScythe Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:48 pm
I am sure of both its accuracy and precision. I have tested it both mathematically and experimentally.

Unless you mean Magentas calculation ofcourse - it is a heavily simplified compared to the real equation but seems to get somewhere close to the minimum bounds.

TheDepraved
#71275 by TheShredder Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:15 am
instant auto lock-in weapons don't have a rof cap(siphon,lightningS,beamer)

TheSurgeon
#71279 by TheScythe Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:58 am
Ah yes thats correct, the cap is there for projectile/sprite based weapons.

TheDepraved
#73547 by POTLKING Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:53 pm
There is no cap

I believe that speed is controlled by an equation, based on the graph

here it is

(sorry for this math XD, its what i do best lol)

k=x*y

k is a constant, this number could be anything in the code and it never changes

x and y are ur speed, and the boost in speed, this includes artifacts AND E ability

So this means, you can go infinitely fast, but you would need a infinitely large speed boost from ur arts and E to do so.

This also means you cant be at 0 speed :)

Why do i think this is true?

I'd recognize that darn graph, the first one in the original post anywhere.

I am pretty sure about this, the graph tells us everything

If you want you can search it up

Also, this is my idea, i didnt steal it, its all original ideas from myself.

NO JUST NO JUST NO!

NEIN

HELLLNOOOOOA

#POTLKING
#73548 by POTLKING Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:01 pm
Magenta wrote:I briefly tested two weapons for rof caps. All done on assassin unfortunately, so no ship bonus to attack speed.

Gattling Lazer.
From arts and overdrive get +462% attack speed.
Use rof elite tech (50%) on gattling lazer, this doubles attack speed.
Max rof = 675 rounds per second.
Result: Visually number of shots keeps increasing with attack speed, damage also increases linearly with attack speed.
Conclusion: No cap observed.

Neutron Gun.
Same setup as above.
Max rof = 430 rounds per second.
Result: Visually number of shots seems fixed reguardless of attack speed. Damage increases linearly with attack speed.
Conclusion: No damage cap observed. Very low visual cap.

Magenta the neutron gun, if rof is at a certain level, can be shown to not be moving. This is due to the period of the shooting. If the period is any multiple of the lowest rof that you see it nonmoving, then it will be shown to be nonmoving. So the visual cycle is moving slowly to very very fast, until it stops and starts moving very slowly again. For neutron and photons you would not expect a very well visual effect with increased rof. However, due to lag, there is sometimes a glitch where there is a round that is missing, and you can see it flow to the end of the weapon's range. Measuring the range and time taken we can calculate the extra % rof from the original if we know the % rof at which the first time when the visual effect is nonmoving. Ik its confusing but if you think about it it makes sense. THis is how they measured teh speed of light in the 1800s XD.

NO JUST NO JUST NO!

NEIN

HELLLNOOOOOA

#POTLKING
#73584 by WishingStar Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:01 pm
POTLKING wrote:There is no cap

I believe that speed is controlled by an equation, based on the graph

here it is

(sorry for this math XD, its what i do best lol)

k=x*y

k is a constant, this number could be anything in the code and it never changes

x and y are ur speed, and the boost in speed, this includes artifacts AND E ability

So this means, you can go infinitely fast, but you would need a infinitely large speed boost from ur arts and E to do so.

This also means you cant be at 0 speed :)

Why do i think this is true?

I'd recognize that darn graph, the first one in the original post anywhere.

I am pretty sure about this, the graph tells us everything

If you want you can search it up

Also, this is my idea, i didnt steal it, its all original ideas from myself.

I'm not sure if I completely understand what you're trying to say (you say that k is a constant, but you also say that it's equal to x*y, a value which can change...maybe you mean it's a variable?), but I think you just mean that your speed is equal to your normal speed multiplied by your speed boost from artifacts.

This is what you would think, and this is what the graph disproves. At around +650% speed, the data points for "time traveled" level off. Compare this to the projected time traveled (in red) which doesn't suddenly level off like this. The same effect, of course, occurs on the second graph (+speed% from artifacts/actual speed%); it is just clearer due to the nature of the graph.
#73585 by Jpsi Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:20 pm
I don't think Potlking means bad, but he has less experience in modellnig and experimentation apparently.

Potlking, feel free to test any phenomenon that seems unclear in game and report your results here if you want (always specify your method). We will be more than happy if you share your findings with us. However speed has beautifull been tested by Magenta already, so I am not sure if this aspect can be understood further.

The only thing I missed from the first post are the error bars of the measurements :twisted:
:mrgreen:
#73588 by Bellatrix Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:52 pm
Jpsi wrote:The only thing I missed from the first post are the error bars of the measurements :twisted:
:mrgreen:

lol

Bellatrix, the shining star of Astroflux