Post what you've discovered, guides, hints & tips
#50593 by TheCen Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:46 pm
Medic Ship

Key Notes:
- The ship is very weak as far as defenses go. Low shield/health/armor.
- The damage it can produce is extremely high.

The Medic ship is a delicate and powerful ship with the right arts. If you do not have the recommended arts to use the Medic... don't waste your flux buying this ship.

Required arts: (ideal)
1) 2-3 rate of fire (RoF - increased attack speed) arts that produce at least 100% RoF. The ship has a built in 75% RoF so the idea behind the 2-3 arts is to reach 175-200%. By doing this you can help to remove the -30% kinetic/energy/corrosive anti-bonuses that are built into the ship.

2) 1-2 damage arts. (All damage for sticky builds)

3) 1 resist all art.

That is the basics... without these base arts you will not have a good time using the medic (in my opinion). You will lack the damage and will still die a lot.

I am seeing mid-level players trying to use the medic and I have no clue how they are even doing any damage let alone surviving. The Medic is truly an endgame ship for top level players that have the arts to use it. If you are thinking about using the medic please understand that if you don't have the arts listed above.. you are going to have a bad time.

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#50595 by Ozymandias Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:56 pm
Thanks for the mini guide :). Just some questions:
- 2-3 rof arts? 175-200%? So 75% + 100-125% from arts, or 75% + 175-200% from arts?
- 1-2 damage arts - are those supposed to be flat dmg or % ?

I am not a comic book villain.
#50601 by TheCen Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:23 pm
Demi_Constrictor wrote:Thanks for the mini guide :). Just some questions:
- 2-3 rof arts? 175-200%? So 75% + 100-125% from arts, or 75% + 175-200% from arts?
- 1-2 damage arts - are those supposed to be flat dmg or % ?

2-3 rof arts that equal 100-120%... + 75% rof from the ship bonus = 175-200% total
1-2 damage arts - flat damag for Sticky Bombs/Prismatic Crystals or % dmg for whatever weapons you are using other than stickies

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#51206 by GrayBeard Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:24 pm
Because according to the devs we need more pew pew pew than halp halp halp.

#51210 by Xticks Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:51 pm
Yes, this game doesn't contain enough pew pew. And diversity is evil.

Personally, last time I checked, even with three 60+% rof arts and 115% damage, the medic still feels weak. How the mighty have fallen.

What you don't do can be a destructive force. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Failure: a few errors in judgement, repeated every day.
#53120 by Smokescreem Wed May 11, 2016 4:56 am
I'm making do with a pretty snappy shield regen build. Hybrids are your best friend, never forget.
Paper isn't a must. 91k shields, 10k regen, and 160% total rof only (including ship bonus) and yet it's running well. Just use flat damage and you're golden.
Sure, I'm not doing as much damage. But I'm living long enough to not have to constantly duck into cover and cut down that dps.
That being said, paper medics, if strong enough, can also oneshot something before they even need to hide, so there's that.

EDIT: As Cen made me realize, my choice of wording could very well make some low lv think they can use Medic because they have 'hybrid' arts. You can't.
I use 3 tanking arts to give me those stats, 1 omni flat, and 1 rof. They work only because ALL the arts except my omni flat give decent bonuses to other stats, which combined make a difference.
It's hard to come by a set that works in tandem like that. Moreso if you're not around lv 120. So don't go around making that mistake.

#loyalhelper

deth lien op devs nerf pls
#61208 by GoatusMax Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:03 am
Oops! Too late... I'm only 102 and I have a limited collection of arts that I probably need to get rid of half of now that I've been doing better research, but I can make it a work in progress. Besides, I like a challenge and the hard road has my name on it. My other favorite ships include, Portal and the Mutated Chicken. I figure that I'll load it up with all the weapons and supports I want to use before I start putting points in it. That will take me some time, but I think it will be worth it. I'm thinking of going with Sticky, Nuke, Siphon gland, heal spray and teleport. I notice that most medic users don't bother with the base heal spray, but I like using every ship's unique abilities. I also end up playing the healer in every other game so why not go with it and throw in the siphon so I can do some damage with it? I'll probably die, but that's ok.
#61210 by GrayBeard Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:28 am
Heal spray is useless because you cannot heal yourself with it. I would strongly suggest you do not buy medic now and aim for something better like vindicator or shadow.

#61243 by GoatusMax Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:25 pm
I already bought it and am in the process of stocking it up. You are correct though, in that the spray is kinda useless. I might replace it with the eggs from my mutated chicken, but I have the ship, so I'm committed to it. Even if I fail for a while, I will make it work for me.
#61273 by GrayBeard Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:53 pm
Yes the eggs are much better than the spray because you can heal yourself even if you get heal debuffed by the warriors in fulzar which helps a lot.

#73190 by GoatusMax Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:44 pm
Medic Update: Now I'm at 118, I'm using: Razor with IAS, Algae Nova Gland with IAS, Shadow Flames with IDD, Plankton Syphon Gland with RTD and Teleport with ICS. All of my arts have at least three bonuses and I survive ok with it. I could definitely use some nicer art, but I'm still below 120 in level, so I'm not going to stress my lack of super high power arts that much. I figure if I try to stick with single damage type weapons, I should be ok on the negatives side. Much better to be at -30% rather than -60% or even -90% before you even put in a point or put on an art. I've been thinking of switching to a single damage type build of either energy or corrosive, but I don't want to have to build up a secondary damage type on certain weapons just to use them in conjunction. I don't even know where to get ROF 100% or higher arts at this point, so I'm not going to hold my breath on that, but I'm currently sitting at a bonus of 56% and that's about as high as I can get it without sacrificing health, shield and armor and I need those to survive as I haven't figured out how to make a paper build work on anything. Any advice at this point would be helpful, but I figured the medic conversation needed a trip to the top of the list as its a great ship, despite its difficulties.
#73259 by GrayBeard Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:20 am
Focus on a single damage type.

#73261 by bolbi Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:51 am
Yep, focus one damage type, or use flat damage weapons. Like Prisms and sticky bombs maybe, that kind of thing, mainly it's finding weapons that will take a big advantage from the attack speed bonus of the ship.

Also for the arts, you're gonna have to farm a lot to get good stuff, you're probably best off doing something like farming the Fulzar Nexar commander, or elites in vorsan if you can. But you will have to go through A LOT of art before you get a few decent ones, for example even when I farm 600 Blobs I might get 3-5 arts worth upgrading, and of those I might keep 1-2 if any. Basically you're going to have to farm quite a lot before you'll have a decent setup.

" 'Whatever you want people to do for you, do the same for them.'
(International Standard Version, Luke 6.31)"