Post your AstroFlux pictures and YouTube videos here!
#75857 by DarkEnergy Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:37 pm
Aegis PW Victory Celebration 2018-03.JPG
Some of the players that made this victory possible!!!
Aegis PW Victory Celebration 2018-03.JPG (53.2 KiB) Viewed 1324 times
#75859 by wwers Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:52 am
Are you guys playing spin the bottle with myorum? :O

"You're a weeb."
"No I just like watching anime"
"So youre a weeb"
"Sure"
#75861 by Smeagol Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:02 pm
Why are you all surrounding Myorum like hes some sort of messiah, is it a cult or something.
players here suck up to the mods too much all hoping they'll get a mod spot.
Your all equal or nothing.

Smeagol
#75863 by Bellatrix Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:55 pm
That is one way to look at it, another could be that he is the clan leader? But your interpretation is as good as mine...

Bellatrix, the shining star of Astroflux
#75865 by DarkEnergy Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:05 pm
The arrangement was done to recognize that Myroum came up with the winning strategy and contributed the most troons in executing on the plan. So its simple, paying respects to the clan mate who made it all happen.
#75866 by Valorius1 Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:40 am
Not including MODERATOR FREE SUPPORTER TROONS, i had more troons than myorum, and won top player for the 5th consecutive month (he claimed 50% of his troons came from missions, and 50% from PW, so assuming his assertion is true- his 30% moderator boosted mission troons therefore added millions of troons to his score). And i didn't play 24 hours straight, or 30 of the last 40 hours of the month....I spent a very enjoyable Easter weekend with my family.

If i had supporter, assuming my troons were also 50/50 from missions and PW, i had over 11 million troons this month.

Adjusting for the 3 moderators in AEGIS free supporter 30% bonus troons, NEMESIS won top clan handily.

If just I alone bought supporter, Nemesis would have won, even despite the 3 moderators in Aegis all getting free Supporter troon bonuses.

And that's without getting hundreds of thousands of troons from parking alts on planets on Vorsran, like Myorum the moderator did (his alt Myo II had about 600k troons).

*Notice that there is now a post in forums that such action is against the rules. Amazing rules have to be made to stop moderators from cheating, but apparently they do.*

Going by actual EARNED troons from non moderators who get FREE SUPPORTER, NEMESIS has won top clan literally every single month of it's existence- about 3 years straight and running. Including this past month.

And we never once posted a thread bragging about it in AF forums....but i understand we are the New England Patriots of AF, so beating us, no matter how much one has to p2w or cheat with alts, is still an accomplishment of sorts.

If there is any real question, it is....should moderators get 30% more score for doing the same work as hard working players do? Should moderators even be eligible for winning top player at all, given that they get a MASSIVE free advantage from supporter?

For that matter should players with P2W supporter get 30% more troons in top player and power clan rankings either?

In any case, congrats to Aegis for a good month of competition.

The large battles in various systems over PW were a lot of fun.

Founder of clan Nemesis.
#75867 by Valorius1 Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:25 am
DarkEnergy wrote:The arrangement was done to recognize that Myroum came up with the winning strategy and contributed the most troons in executing on the plan. So its simple, paying respects to the clan mate who made it all happen.

You realize the ENTIRE difference in troons was due to your 3 moderators getting FREE 30% bonus troons, right?

And that the difference in his troons and mine was his 30% FREE moderator supporter bonus, right?

SMH.

Founder of clan Nemesis.
#75870 by RadiantStorm Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:04 am
Great job guys, I knew we could do it! To clarify, I think a good chunk of AEGIS members spent around 75 flux to boost their xp at the end of the month, that definitely helped. Also, a good chunk of NEMESIS players had supporter, so if we are looking at whether supporter was an issue, players in NEMESIS also could claim the 30% bonus mission troons, maybe they just didn't put in as much effort as Myo did... also odd, it almost like the mods are getting some sort of perk for their help ingame. Why didn't you think of the three mods having supporter before declaring pw? Convenient excuse at the ready as always? Too many holes in your logic...

Phorcys
#75871 by BrianN Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:48 am
RadiantStorm wrote:Why didn't you think of the three mods having supporter before declaring pw? Convenient excuse at the ready as always? Too many holes in your logic...

Its better to have holes in one's logic than have no idea what you are talking about. "Declaring PW"?
Irregardless, congrats to Aegis on winning PW...hope it was worth the flux and $ paid.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#75873 by wwers Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:12 pm
BrianN wrote:Its better to have holes in one's logic than have no idea what you are talking about. "Declaring PW"?
Irregardless, congrats to Aegis on winning PW...hope it was worth the flux and $ paid.

I doubt it is.I really, really, really doubt it was worth it.

"You're a weeb."
"No I just like watching anime"
"So youre a weeb"
"Sure"
#75879 by DarkEnergy Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:56 pm
Re: Val's response. Welcome to Valorius Fake News broadcasting.

Re: Supporter package. True statement. Both teams have members that have the package. I have had it for a long time as have others within the Aegis clan. Same is true for Nemesis players. All was known information between clans before PW between Nemesis and Aegis spun up in March.

Re: Folks offering congratz - Thank You!!!
#75880 by 81Wing53 Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:49 pm
wwers wrote:
BrianN wrote:Its better to have holes in one's logic than have no idea what you are talking about. "Declaring PW"?

I doubt it is.I really, really, really doubt it was worth it.

It's pretty sour to claim "money spent" was the difference. No one kept you guys from spending to gain the same advantages. That's akin to claiming people practicing before a game is an unfair advantage. You chose not to buy the supporter package, so it's your fault you didn't have the boost.
Unless you gained every ship, and weapon, and upgrade, and level for free, having never spent any money to get to your current level, and status, then you MIGHT be able to claim flux/money was the cause. Even then, it'd still be a strawmans argument.

You guys take this far too serious, and are very poor sports. It's a game... just say "Congrats, see you next month"., foster healthy competition instead of these sour grapes and excuses.
#75881 by 81Wing53 Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:00 pm
Ok, I'll weigh in on this silly argument posed by Saltorius.

A cheat is an unfair advantage, or against the rules. You could have bought a supporter package, and received the same bonus, but you chose not to so it's 100% your fault you didn't have the bonus 30% troons.
You do not get to decide on your own, after the fact, that you won anyway because you refused to support the game you play via purchasing a supporter package.

It is typical for the losing party to play the "what if" game, and offer up reasons for their loss being illegitimate.
Valorius was bragging for a week how NEMESIS had won, and did not see the loss coming. Poor planning on Val's part, arrogance at having a lead most of the month, lead to Myo forming and carrying out a brilliant plan to defeat Nemesis at the 11th hour.
This was a head to head battle of strategy of Myo vs Val, and Myo easily, and brutally defeated val.

Pertaining to parking alts on planets, NEMESIS was the ones doing that first, so you don't get to cry foul when it's done back to you.
Let us address Val's contention of unfair advantages though.
NEMESIS was using alts from other clans to bolster it's declining player base.
NEMESIS recruited players with no loyalty to the clan at all, just to play the PW to "restore the order".
NEMESIS used alliances to have other clans capture planets while they were not online, to try and block AEGIS from gaining the captures.
NEMESIS used alts to camp planets, but then cried foul when it was done back to them.
*Note: So the post int he forums would be in relation to NEMESIS' strategy that AEGIS adopted to fight back in the middle of the competition. Amazing that Val tries to blame others for his actions being deemed against the rules after the fact.

You almost accepted reality there Val, the month of good competition culminated in AEGIS defeating NEMESIS at the buzzer, to win PW.
As to the "battles", this is the second time I have seen this allusion/delusion. What "battles" are you referring to?
I do not recall a single "battle" between AEGIS and NEMESIS, I do recall your Mercenary players, and Depraved alts attacking AEGIS at planets trying to stop us from capturing. It failed, we captured anyway.
I also recall me alone taking on 4-5 NEMESIS in Sarkinon, Hyperion, etc, and killing you guys non stop.
You realized WAY too late I was a distraction, so add that to the reasons you failed to win PW in the end. :P

As to Myo and the rest of AEGIS, you guys rocked it. Well played, and earned Victory. I wish I had more to do with it all, I'm very proud of you guys. To NEMSIS, well played guys, you were a very strong opponent, and pushed us hard to the end. Well played to both clans, GG all!