Post your AstroFlux pictures and YouTube videos here!
#74763 by hugojmaia Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:54 am
Interesting video, even though it doesn't touch on arts.
I've been stuck with energy weapons for my whole ingame time due to energy arts being the top tier ones that I've found so far. I could turn my blade into a kinetic ship, its dps will drop to 90% of the current amount and its defenses will drop to 80% of what they currently are.
The video also doesn't take into account the grind required for new setups. Ship resets can get kind of expensive and they're not given frequently.
#74764 by Nightsky Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:58 am
The video is mostly directed towards players who are asking which builds are the best, it's there to cover the topic of every weapon being good if you utilize it good, or if you just fit this play style. Artifacts and grind is a separate topic, both which I'm not going to touch for a while until the next balance update comes out. You never know what changes and in what extend.

We have such a beautiful community.
#74766 by 3ace Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:56 pm
To your point, I think new players get hung up on accumulating weapons and getting into better ships instead of learning to play with what they have. Also, there's a whole lot of instant gratification- give me cargo, give me story mission resources, farm xyz for me. If players took the time to upgrade what they have (level 6 x ET) and learn to play with it then they might actually be a little better than they think they are.
#74770 by traf Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:54 am
yeah, just buy an eagle eye when you're in your low thirties and then play with it until level 112 or so. that'll work :P

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#74771 by bolbi Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:55 am
traf wrote:yeah, just buy an eagle eye when you're in your low thirties and then play with it until level 112 or so. that'll work :P

or a Crystal on sale, around level 50, and use it for +3 years :P

" 'Whatever you want people to do for you, do the same for them.'
(International Standard Version, Luke 6.31)"
#74786 by Shieldity Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:13 pm
TheScythe wrote:or a retro all the way!

We can see who has been playing a lot with retro

The player above this signature first played in september 2014 and joined the following clans : NINJAS, United Nations, NINJAS III, NINJAS, Defiance (Kicked unfairly), and is now in Blue Hawks Elite!

Ask for help in game if you need !
#74799 by Draconis Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:38 am
traf wrote:yeah, just buy an eagle eye when you're in your low thirties and then play with it until level 112 or so. that'll work :P

So much terrible advice in one sentence, how do you live with yourself or sleep at night?

#74812 by TheSupreme Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:55 pm
Draconis wrote:

So much terrible advice in one sentence, how do you live with yourself or sleep at night?

Why is this terrible advice? and he probably uses a bed.

#74817 by traf Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:06 am
Well it *did* work. I might just go back to it for fun one of these days.

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft