Post your AstroFlux pictures and YouTube videos here!
#70135 by TheSame Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:20 am
Draconis wrote:At least when supreme copied my video he was capable of one upping me and reduced his setup to a single art. The only thing you accomplish here is proving you're weak and require the strongest possible ship to do it.


I did this in 2 arts... I could of gone down to one if you wanted me to. To give the effect of me being a low level. Not someone with high dd on LWG...

TheDepraved
#70136 by Titir Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:39 am
Hold on, 14 seconds? Wasn't the beam fired every 12 seconds? I may be wrong.

"By Failing to Prepare, you are Preparing to Fail"
Benjamin Franklin
#70137 by TheSame Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:41 am
Titir wrote:Hold on, 14 seconds? Wasn't the beam fired every 12 seconds? I may be wrong.


It's 14. Somehow people get different times though.

TheDepraved
#70138 by Jesright73 Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:00 am
Durian Nether Blobs have a different beam interval than Fulzar blobs.
Durian Blobs tend to be less predictable than fulzar: sometimes 12 seconds, 14 seconds, occasionally 10 seconds. They also fire without being provoked, so you might get blown away unprepared when that happens.

Fulzar blobs, very predictable, easy to find the pattern.
#70142 by Chris22 Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:47 am
This is why I like having the derpies around because when they do stupid stuff like this we all get to make fun of them.
#70192 by bolbi Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:56 pm
I believe the way Cen is showing how to do it with a SZ and LWG set is perfectly fine for a stepping stone. Not everyone is going to have a Blade, Shadow, or Assassin when they want to kill a blob which means they need to do it differently. Me for example, I was using a Crystal when I first started and was doing exactly what Cen's video shows, even the way he lured them, cause I didn't have any options other than that at the time (later learned prismatic crystals worked for luring, not ideal but best I had). Yes the way you show is much more efficient, but like I said not everyone will have a Blade.

Also stop bringing up the fact that it's a shadow, he shows how you can do it with just a few, non-ship specific weapons, which means you could do it that way with any other ship (except for part of the lure, they would just have to swerve around so the blobs don't tp in front of them)

P.S. @Jesright Durian blobs are normally off only cause of the science vessel which spawns every few minutes, when it does they all shoot their beams at it. Also if the time for beam ends when it is leeching (attached to something) it will use beam as soon as it detaches. At least that's what I attribute the weird beam times from Durian blobs to.

" 'Whatever you want people to do for you, do the same for them.'
(International Standard Version, Luke 6.31)"
#70197 by TheSame Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:38 am
bolbi wrote:I believe the way Cen is showing how to do it with a SZ and LWG set is perfectly fine for a stepping stone. Not everyone is going to have a Blade, Shadow, or Assassin when they want to kill a blob which means they need to do it differently. Me for example, I was using a Crystal when I first started and was doing exactly what Cen's video shows, even the way he lured them, cause I didn't have any options other than that at the time (later learned prismatic crystals worked for luring, not ideal but best I had). Yes the way you show is much more efficient, but like I said not everyone will have a Blade.

Also stop bringing up the fact that it's a shadow, he shows how you can do it with just a few, non-ship specific weapons, which means you could do it that way with any other ship (except for part of the lure, they would just have to swerve around so the blobs don't tp in front of them)

P.S. @Jesright Durian blobs are normally off only cause of the science vessel which spawns every few minutes, when it does they all shoot their beams at it. Also if the time for beam ends when it is leeching (attached to something) it will use beam as soon as it detaches. At least that's what I attribute the weird beam times from Durian blobs to.


So low levels are gonna get LWG? If they've been playing long enough to get LWG, they'd know to just get blade and say screw it to the shadow method. If they got lucky with LWG and got it at a low level, their arts are gonna be too bad to do anything with it anyways...

TheDepraved
#70198 by TheCen Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:30 pm
TheSimple wrote:So low levels are gonna get LWG? If they've been playing long enough to get LWG, they'd know to just get blade and say screw it to the shadow method. If they got lucky with LWG and got it at a low level, their arts are gonna be too bad to do anything with it anyways...


Again, your argument doesn't hold weight. Forget the Shadow. Forget the LWG. The video is to show how BLOBS act in DURIAN.

Your argument is against the Shadow and LWG. Then, you are saying the option everyone has is to ONLY get Blade. Because, that's the best option for blobs. So, basing on your argument alone... EVERYONE should save for a Blade. If, they don't, they are stupid. Is this correct?

Also, they have to have Target Painter, Concussion Spheres, Void Tentacles, and Kinetic Phase Blade. Because, that's how you did it. That's the ONLY way to do it. (sarcasm)(Also, taking you literally, like you are still taking my video literally).

Concussion Spheres - is a rare drop. Unless you save for a tanker or pray to the RNG gods to get from a POD.
Void Tentacles - Drop from BLOBS. Again, they can pray to the RNG gods to get it from a POD.
Target Painter - is available on the Carrier-X121. And, yet again, players can pray for RNG with a POD.

Your way... the way you say is the BEST way. Will make players buy 3 ships at the cost of 9,192 flux.. OR they can PRAY to the RNG gods for excellent PODS.

Tanker - 2600 ~ Concussion Spheres
X-121 - 2790 ~ Target Painter
Blade - 3800 ~ Kinetic Phase Blade
==========
Total - 9,190
Source: Wiki http://astroflux.org/wiki/index.php?title=Ships
Does not take into account savings from sales*

Last time I checked new players aren't making 10,000 flux by the time they reach level 100.

Not everyone WANTS to fly a Blade. That should be obvious to you by now. While, your way (which isn't even an original way) my be very efficient... there are many ships in the game that can kill blobs with the right tools.

I've seen players use LWG, Plasma Gun, and Stickies. I've even witnessed players use Siphon (TheSwole).

The point of my video was not to show how to kill blobs with a Shadow or LWG. I just used those tools in the video. Please... I encourage you to watch the video once more. See, how the point of it is to show others how BLOBS act and not how I kill blobs. In actual fact.. I kill blobs in the open with my Shadow. But, I'm not going to show that in a video because I don't have to. It's not important how I kill blobs. And that's not the reason why I made the original video.

Most players can't solo a blob until after level 100. After, they have reached Fulzar and possibly gone into Vorsran. Sure, there are players that have killed blobs below level 100. But, the majority of players need to get the fundamentals down before they can just head off to Fulzar and murder whatever they want.

Did you happen to watch my play through at all? Did you see how I was teaching the fundamentals of the game in that play through? Sadly, while I was in the middle of recording that; the developers completely changed the game. Most of what I showed cannot be done by new players to the game. BUT, the fundamentals of what I showed can still teach players the basics of the game. Thus, this Blob video that I made was just showing the FUNDAMENTALS of blobs in Durian.
Last edited by TheCen on Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#70199 by TheCen Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:59 pm
Adding to what I was saying above. Nowhere in my video do I say that players HAVE to use LWG or Shadow. Take a look at these screen caps of my video. If, you don't believe these are there.. go watch the video again. Even have the times shown on the screenshots.

Weapons:
http://i.imgur.com/muzlxpw.png
Type of Damage Suggested:
http://i.imgur.com/Wsg1rsG.png

Edit: Also, read my description. I actually link to another way to kill blobs. Guess, who's video it is? TheSupreme. Wow. My video: https://youtu.be/TPqaPOkw1v8

Also, read the comments of his video. I ask him if it's okay for me to link his video. Strange... isn't it?
https://youtu.be/AQKNnKM4ky4

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#70247 by TheSame Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:15 pm
With the level restriction with arts, people can't even use blob arts until they're level 100 (In pvp systems). Teaching them anyway but the most efficient way is just pointless in my eyes. I understand that you're trying to show them how blobs work. I suggest that instead of doing it while killing them, just get in a tanky set with shield regen to tank all their beams and show them how they work. Then kill them the most efficient way.

TheDepraved
#70248 by TheCen Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:34 pm
TheSimple wrote:With the level restriction with arts, people can't even use blob arts until they're level 100 (In pvp systems). Teaching them anyway but the most efficient way is just pointless in my eyes. I understand that you're trying to show them how blobs work. I suggest that instead of doing it while killing them, just get in a tanky set with shield regen to tank all their beams and show them how they work. Then kill them the most efficient way.


It's your way or the highway? Isn't it Christian. Just do it this way.. cause that's the BEST damn way. You just don't get this at all.

Do you even read what other people say?

TheCen wrote:Most players can't solo a blob until after level 100. After, they have reached Fulzar and possibly gone into Vorsran. Sure, there are players that have killed blobs below level 100. But, the majority of players need to get the fundamentals down before they can just head off to Fulzar and murder whatever they want.

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#70250 by TheCen Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:01 pm
TheSimple wrote:With the level restriction with arts, people can't even use blob arts until they're level 100.



Glad you brought this up. Cause maybe.. you'll see the DATE on my video.

Published: on Aug 24, 2016
https://youtu.be/TPqaPOkw1v8

Art Restriction Update:
September 12th, 2016
http://forum.astroflux.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10982#p61011

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#70251 by TheSame Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:22 pm
TheCen wrote:
TheSimple wrote:With the level restriction with arts, people can't even use blob arts until they're level 100.



Glad you brought this up. Cause maybe.. you'll see the DATE on my video.

Published: on Aug 24, 2016
https://youtu.be/TPqaPOkw1v8

Art Restriction Update:
September 12th, 2016
http://forum.astroflux.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10982#p61011


Didn't take this into consideration.

TheDepraved
#70259 by Draconis Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:37 pm
There's a reason you took the name simple. Aside from that as was pointed out by you on global just the other day, it only takes two days to reach 100 if you really wanted to. Which means you can get lwg from the mission reward as well. Spend a couple hours farming nexar commander and tada you have the damage to take on blobs. Now all you need is a day farming steel and bing bang Bobs ur uncle.

But remember folks, there's only one way to do things. Don't let anyone tell ya different.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

About

Welcome to the AstroFlux forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can ask questions and receive helpful information from experienced players. Please Join the discussions in the Astroflux forums. The game developers are active here and are happy to hear what you think!

AstroFlux is a MMO space shooter with numerous weapons, upgrades and abilities. Explore the galaxy and collect space junk to gain resources for new technologies.