Post your AstroFlux pictures and YouTube videos here!
#66649 by TheCen Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:01 pm
Just going to speak for Nightsky...

He has said many times that he doesn't care about being the best. Why, does one HAVE to be the best at anything in this game? Why, can't players just come and have fun?

This is a GAME. No one gets paid to play it. There's no national championship where the winners get millions of fans and a huge purse for winning. It's just a game.

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#66651 by TheCen Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:27 pm

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#66653 by Nightsky Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:48 pm
I enjoy games. Everyone does. I also love astroflux as TheCen already said. But PvP just isn't fair for me and i cannot enjoy it. As you saw in the video, these comments are actually real comments that go through my head when playing PvP, just not spoken out loud and in German.

A minority of players sees this game as competition and not as a game. Of course, i want to get better, but i don't want to hardcore-farm it and spend hours into a flash game. Sure, 3 years which i spent already. But i used a large amount of my time helping players, teaching them the game, farming some weapons for them etc. PvP is just a tiny part of this game that i dislike.

You say i have no clue about balance, yet i can already tell you that randomized artifacts and ships with above +100% damage bonuses have a huge impact on the game balance. Combining this with weapons like hell-flames, light wave generator, kinetic phase blade etc just makes this game imbalanced. You see this game as balanced because you rarely or even never die, but rather kill everything. But being able to kill and survive everything isn't balance, because balance would mean getting killed by someone else as well. I usually get 1 kill in PvP, you get how much? 15? 20? Taking this into consideration already reveals the difference between you and me, this difference is the showcase for the imbalance in this game.

Also, yes, i want to enjoy PvP without being that good, that's why i suggested a trench-wars-style PvP where everyone would have the equal chance of winning, regardless of playtime.

#66659 by Nightsky Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:12 pm
A shorter way to interpret your comment is "Don't take away my strength, i want to keep winning". This would have sufficed.

But you - Yes, you! - should finally start to understand that you are a part of the minority who thinks this game is all fun and games until you get hit by a vindicator. If you think this game is great the way it is right now, then so be it. Keep in mind that you aren't the only one who would love to have here and there a kill.

You say "Your little system there wouldn't change anything". And this already proves that you have no clue what Subspace: Trenchwars even is. I recommend you to play it, after 5 years of playing it i think i can tell that even a skilled player can be killed by a newbie. A skilled player simply knows the map and what ship does what. A sniper ship is a one-hit killer, but once you miss your target you are dead as your weapon energy is your shield as well. A bomber has slow moving projectiles which move WITH your ship, hitting it deals huge damage but also here, takes weapon energy. This would be a skill of aiming and not a skill of "who has the better weapons". Just play Subspace: trenchwars for once and tell me how you did.

You keep mentioning your "all wisely acknowledge"... then tell me, how is the wonderful "Pay to win" game Darkorbit more balanced or possibly the most balanced game? Because every equipment has a cap, you can't go infinitely strong. You can have the same equipment as someone else and there it decides who can fight better. Okay, spectrum is a bit OP now since the last patch but this will get patched as well. Just letting you know that Astroflux is possibly the only game that allows you an infinite progression of strength. There might be others as well but well, i don't know them.

"You aren't that good" says the guy who uses mainly weapons with a large aim-assist. I used a railgun with 20 - 30 FPS, hard to turn a ship with arrow keys. As i said, go to subspace: Trenchwars and tell me your experiences.

#66660 by Jpsi Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:28 pm
Hum. Just one side note, Night actually spend some money in this game, at the beginning he always asked more advantages for people who payed.

Back to topic: I absolutely understand his points. It's not fun to be farmed. But I don't think it's a question of farming/arts: he is using one very complicated ship to pilot, because it rely heavily on phase, which has to be use in close combat while the other one is not in hard shield.

To tackle this: or you should try to train tp/phase (surprise attack), or you should try another ship with a weapon you like. There are several great options, but it really depend on how you like to play.

#66663 by TheCen Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:54 pm
"I was able to spend a lot of my own money so I could reset a hundred times this month to find the best possible setup for my ship" -supreme.

"I was able to reset my ship once and found out I screwed up, now I have to wait until I get another 200 flux so I can reset, to fix my error." -average player.

BTW... i'm only referring to resets in the above statements. Not art setups.

Art setups are different from resetting ships. Most players don't even experiment with art setups because they are trying to imitate other players. This is something that is always hard to express to players. Maybe, it's because they don't want to spend 200 flux on a new art setup. Or, maybe, just maybe they don't understand their arts. Which, i'm going with the latter. Because, I've gotten more comments about my art videos than any other videos I've ever made. And all i'm doing is explaining what the arts are doing. Not, how to or what someone should do in their art setups. I purposely leave that open so they would go out and make their own.

Also, you are not a bad person for not telling others about your findings. But, you are a hypocrite when you tell others that you know all about balance more than anyone else and then don't tell anyone about your findings. You say you are the number one authority about every weapon and it's elite techs... yet, you don't provide any information to back this up. We just have to take your "word"... which your word is tainted... why?

Because, you lied for 8 months about who you were. Remember that statement you said about going to the gym? That it's not going to be fixed overnight? Well, guess what. When you lie to the whole community for 8 months and I mean you straight up lied... you said you were not prickles... then 6 to 8 months later you admit that you are... well I got news for you. The community isn't just going to believe everything you say all of a sudden. It takes time to mend what you did. And a lot of players just don't believe anything you do or say. They don't even want to hear your name, let alone see any of your YouTube videos. And that's not because of them.. that's because of you. It's what you did to the community. Not, the other way around. The community didn't make you lie. You did that all on your own.

But, now I have digressed. This is about PVP. While you think it's very important to have worked hard for your standing. I get it.. I really do. But, don't you think it would be fun if everyone had an equal chance at killing others in pvp? Just because you worked hard in PVE doesn't mean you should be a god in PVP.

It's been suggested before that there should be 2 different PVP systems. One where competitive players go and play and another where average players that have lives outside of AstroFlux, can go and kill other players in a fun pvp zone. A fun one where everyone has equal chance of killing each other.

WARNING:
#66674 by Draconis Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:09 am
He's complaining that pvp isn't fun because he is bad at it... Terrible way to look at things, he wasn't there to have fun at all. This was evident in his attitude before the match even started, he was having a bad time because that's what he wants.

Look at his first encounter in the first minute or so of the video, he got attacked and immediately pressed Q and then turned his back to the enemy and tried to run. What kind of balance will make that a valid tactic for winning? He says he wants to win but then does stuff like that while complaining about balance. Rather he coulda beat that guy or not is irrelevant, he didn't try at all and then complained about balance. Now he wonders why people say his opinion is invalid...

It's a sad day when I have to admit the derptards are right for once.

/ / /
#66680 by TheCen Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:04 am

WARNING:
#66686 by bolbi Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:42 am
I hate to say it for the same reasons but I totally agree with what Drac said earlier in this thread.

I'll say that in those situations I don't just go right back and try and do the same thing over and over again, if it doesn't work at all. That is like throwing up a halfcourt shot in basketball and missing, and then doing it again three more times. Like seriously why do you charge Sorrow and Swole multiple times? After the first I would've just said "nope" and gone the other direction. Instead of constantly charging, or staying engaged with, people who have, and I kinda hate to say it, more skill at PvP then you. Honestly as of this last PvP update there are more "easier to kill players" in PvP then ever, at least notice that "hey, I can kill this person or that person sometimes and I can't kill the #1 on the board. hmm... I wonder who I should go attack and who I should run from?"

Also contrary to popular belief Blade is not an "OP" PvP ship it takes good turning and chasing to at least to be decent. In my opinion the only ship I'd consider OP would be Vindicator because of how easily you can escape and reenter battle but I also don't have it so I'm kinda biased. Most ships in my opinion are pretty equal in strength. I mean I use a Crsytal and use it at a pretty close range, close as in Phase blade close, which isn't very easy it takes good timing of Hard shields and smart usage of the F boost just to stay alive for a few extra seconds.

Yes there is imbalance in PvP, fixing the bracket system would help that. And as Cen mentioned, and I'm one person who is for, 2 types of PvP. One similar to what we have now and another that brings everyone down to the same "level" in terms of arts, ETs, and possibly ships/weapons.
#66688 by TheCen Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:24 am
While I get your points that Drac, Supreme, and now Bolbi.. has made about what Nightsky did in the pvp matches... I don't think he's making an argument against PVP... and is more showing you a funny video. I found this video to be hilarious. His first encounter he literally turned around and fled... at what point were you taking this seriously? To me it looked like it was literally his first pvp matches of the month (and probably the year). He did zero research on what weapons are now used... (very evident). He was just having fun with the video and even showed he was using sarcasm in the beginning. I especially, like the part where he's talking about cooking pumpkin soup... that was priceless.. followed by "I WAS PRESSING Q!!!!"

He did bring up some facts about pvp that many of us just overlook/or are so caught up in we don't think about it. But, for the most part it was a just a funny video to laugh at. Don't tell me you didn't laugh at this.

I think maybe looking at this video from a comedy standpoint is better than trying to just say he totally sucks at pvp and thus he's not allowed to say anything about anything else. You guys do realize that weapon balance also affects PVE. Seems like all the changes that are made are always for pvp, and the pve players just have no say in what happens in any balance situation... because we are pve players (we don't matter). I've been told over the years to just "deal with it"... that's the response we get when things are changed that affect the pve players (which btw, are the majority of players).

I wish there was more PVP in this game. Like I said before. One that was competitive for the players that worked their asses off (supreme, swole, draconis, traf, etc). And one that is for casual players that just don't have the time to put forth that many hours of farming to achieve greatness in pvp (which farming isn't the only thing that makes you good at pvp). Unfortunately, we don't get this option. And are forced to just "deal with it"...

WARNING:
#66693 by bolbi Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:27 am
Ok fair enough Cen. I didn't think of it in that way because of the recent posts about how pvp isn't fair and all that, plus that isn't my kind of humor.

And I totally agree that it isn't fun for most players, I might not be one of those players right now but, I remember when I had the same thoughts about PvP as yours and Night's.

The problem I think that keeps arising, and Supreme, and Swole from what I've read, basically saying, get good, doesn't help at all. But I also think that others, and admittedly myself on this one, view some of Nightsky's posts as whining. Cause it seems like quite a few of the posts I've seen just pointed out the flaws without any solutions whatsoever. Which kind of gives the impression of whining, at least from my point of view. As opposed to just trying to help and make it known by pointing out these flaws which I'm pretty sure the intent was on most of these. I'll end this here as I'm starting to go off on tangents.