Post your AstroFlux pictures and YouTube videos here!
#64371 by GrayBeard Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:01 pm
Okay sorry for repeating myself needlessly, i get what you're trying to say now.

#64424 by BrianN Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:13 am

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#64460 by BrianN Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:32 pm
Yeah, but IMO no matter what you do you will still have people rigging the system as much as they can unless you address the underlying factor.
If you give someone an incentive to do something, they will try to get it.
The thing is that 10% of people will resort to getting it any way they can, thus depressing the 90%.
Im saying that we should be focusing on the 10%, and if we got rid of them, the 90% would come back in. Making things fairer WITHIN the 90% doesnt address the 10% who are the biggest problem.

"Everyone has their price"...or in this case, their limit on what they would do. My limit was to bring attention to the fed alt problem (which got overfixed right after I showed how easy it was to manipulate). I could make it so that I got first place in PvP, but im not gonna do that because A) I have a life and B) Im gunshy on doing such a thing for fear of the devs making things worse like they did with the arts limit thing. Alot of the people rigging the system are chumps at rigging it, and I could rig it much better...but there's no impetus for me to do it. As the Spark Incident showed, the cancer is too intertwined into TPTB to try and put forth the effort of fixing it.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#64468 by GrayBeard Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:46 pm
Now we are getting into the other issue of matchmaking, just how many issues does this pvp system has lmao

Ditch the leveling system used for matchmaking ENTIRELY, instead base the matchmaking and teaming on:

Global K/D ratio since first day playing+
Power of artifacts used at the start of the match after the warm up is done+
Past match results+
Resources.

That way you won't get 5 level 100 noobs that don't know what they are doing going against Swole and Shredder

#64472 by Bellatrix Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:46 am
I spoke to Daggerz about this, most likely, it was like this:

I hade 1000 trons, spark was in top 10, so 1100, the other 2 guys might have played already and hade more then 1000. That way the system took the strongest players, spark, the weakest player, me, and matched us together.

For lets say 100 games this system would balance itself, but when people don't play it does not.

For understanding cause and effect, you would in general want to change just one thing at a time. So start by changing the rewards, once that is done we can evaluate and continue to change other things if needed.

Bellatrix, the shining star of Astroflux